TOO MUCH SPICY
INDIAN STREET FOOD & CRAFT BEER
December 2016 saw Leeds’ critically acclaimed ‘beer & Indian’ joint open its doors in Manchester. In a basement on Piccadilly, Bundobust is a stone’s throw from the city’s independent Northern Quarter. We’ve brought our award-winning recipe for success over the Pennines, and are quickly ranking as one of the city’s best casual dining restaurants.
What we do is simple – Gujurat-inspired street food and the world’s best craft beer, from both local and international breweries.
Jay Rayner, the Observer’s food critic, reviewed the restaurant just months after opening, and we think he puts it best: “vibrant Indian street food served with craft beer in a friendly communal space…Why has no one done this before?”
- OKRA FRIES (v, gF)Perfect with beer. Fried lady’s fingers coated in chickpea batter. Seasoned with black salt & mango powder.£3.75
- ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS (v, gF)The ultimate bhaji! Spiced with fennel & chilli. Served with a tamarind & red pepper chutney.£4
- BHEL PURI (v)A crisp & crunchy street food classic. Samosa pastry, puffed rice, peas, red onion & tomato tossed in tamarind chutney. Topped with pomegranate seeds.£4.50
- BUNDO CHAATA layered taste sensation of samosa pastry, chickpeas, potato, tamarind chutney, yoghurt, onion, turmeric noodles & chilli sauce.£4.50
- IDLI SAMBHAR (v, gF)A warming lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup. Served with steamed rice dumplings & a mustard seed & curry leaf chutney.£5
- VADA PAV (e)Mumbai’s favourite burger. A deep-fried spicy mashed potato ball. Served in a brioche bun with red & green chutney.£5
- RAGHDA PETHIS (v, gF)India meets the North of England. Spicy mushy peas & potato cake. Topped with turmeric noodles, tomato, onion & tamarind chutney.£5
- MASSALA DOSA (v, gF)Mini rice pancakes filled with a cauliflower & potato dry fry. Served with a lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£6
- EGG BHURJI (e)Indian scrambled egg cooked with peppers, chilli, cumin & coriander. Served with a soft Indian flatbread£6
- TARKA DHAL & RICE (v, gF)A classic mixed lentil curry cooked with cumin, garlic & chilli. Served on basmati rice.£6
- CHOLE SAAG (v)Our spin on a traditional curry. Chickpea & spinach massala. Served with puri.£6.25
- PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA (gF)Barbecued paneer, mushrooms & peppers marinated in yoghurt curd & our tikka massala. Served with red pepper ketchup & spinach chutney.£6.25
- PANEER KADAIA staff curry favourite! Paneer cheese cooked in a deep cinnamon, fenugreek, red pepper & tomato sauce. Served with bhatura.£6.50
- PAV BHAJI (e)A street food original. Mashed up cauliflower, potato & peas. Flavoured with garam massala. Served with a spiced toasted brioche bun.£6.50
- SAMBHAR (v, gF)Lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£3.50
- KACHUMBER SAMBHARO (v, gF)Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy£3
- SAUCE TRIO (gF)Yoghurt & cumin, desi ketchup, tamarind & date.£1.50
- RICE (v, gF)Basmati£1.50
- IDLI (v, gF)Steamed rice dumplings.£1.50
- BHATURADeep fried Indian flatbread fermented with yoghurt.£1
- PURI (v)Deep fried unleavened bread. Portion of 2.£2
- KULFI ICE (gF)Indian ice cream on a stick. Ask for today’s avour.£2.50
- COMBO FOR 2ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BUNDO CHAAT + PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA + TARKA DHAL + MASSALA DOSA£25
- VEGAN COMBO FOR 2OKRA FRIES + ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BHEL PURI + RAGDA PETHIS + MASSALA DOSA£22
- COMBO FOR 4KACHUMBER SAMBHARO + POPCORN & POPS + OKRA FRIES + ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BUNDO CHAAT + RAGHDA PETHIS + PANEER TIKKA + MASSALA DOSA + EGG BHURJI + CHOLE SAAG£42
- BUNDO COMBOEVERY DISH ON THE MENU! Feeds 6-8 people. *Excludes Additionals & Sweet. Includes Kachumber Sambharo.£80
- FAR FAR (v)Colourful rice puffs dusted with our special spice blend.£2.50
- SPICY NUTS (v, gF)Cashews, peanuts, almonds, peas & lentils tossed in our special spice blend.£3
- POPCORN & POPS (v, gF)Popcorn & mini popadoms drizzled with green chilli & garlic oil.£3
2 DISHES FOR £7
MON - FRI, 12noon - 4PM
- BOMBAY DAZZLERIndian Witbier - Bundobust x Northern Monk - 4.8% (keg)£4.80
- Juicy BhangraPale Ale - Bundobust x Dry & Bitter - 4.8% (keg)£6
- ETERNALSession IPA - Northern Monk - 4.1% (keg)£4.50
- VELTINSPilsener - 4.8% (keg)£4.20
- TAP 1 MEINE HELLE WEISSEWheat Beer 5.2% (keg)£5
- APERIETTA, PROSECCO SPUMANTE DOCItalyCrisp, fruity, citrus & peach notes.£5 / £25
- CA’ DI PONTI GRILLO, IGTSicilyA little known, peachy & vibrant wine.£4.55 / £6.20 / £17.50
- FALSE BAY, WILD YEAST CHENIN BLANCSouth AfricaAn exceptional Chenin Blanc. Tropical fruit flavours & a creamy lemon finish.£5 / £6.85 / £19.50
- WILLOWGLEN, GEWURZTRAMINER/RIESLINGAustraliaRose petal aromas with a hint of spice & fresh citrus. Sweet flavours of rosewater & a citrus freshness£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- PARRA JIMINEZ, VERDEJOSpainClean ripe fruit with a floral note & pitch of spice.£5.60 / £8.35 / £24
- SEPP, GRÜNER VELTLINERAustriaWonderfully fruity with aromas & flavours of pear, kiwi, apricot & a little white spice.£6.10 / £8.85 / £25.50
- CIVITAS PECORINO, LUNARIAItalySoft with aromas of citrus, ripe pear, peach & orange blossom.£27
- LE SENTIER, DANS LES VIGNESFranceA warming Rhône style red with rich spiced fruit aromas & ample round fruit on the palate.£4.55 / £6.20 / £17.50
- ADOBE, MERLOTChileA super, classically rounded, delicious Merlot.£5 / £6.85 / £19.50
- EL VIEJO DEL VALLE, PINOT NOIRChileA bright & complex wine with good berry fruit flavours.£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- LA BOHEME ACT IV, SYRAH/GAMAYAustraliaDeep red with a purple edge. Gently aromatic nose of red fruits & dry herb with some earthy, minerally complexity£25.50
- CROIX D’OR, PINOT NOIR ROSEFranceDry, aromatic with summer pudding berry flavours£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- DESI 75Sipsmith’s sloe gin, lemon juice & cinnamon syrup topped with Prosecco.£6
- MANGO & ROSE WATER BRAMBLEPortobello Rd gin, mango, rosewater & lemon juice.£6.50
- COCONUT & MANGO MOJITOKoko Kanu rum, mango syrup, lime juice & fresh mint. Tropical!£6.50
- GINGER AMARETTO SOURDisaronno, ginger liquor, lemon juice, bitters & aquafaba.£6.50
- DIRTY LOPEZAppleton’s white rum shaken with mango, pineapple, coconut & lime.£6.50
- HIBISCUS GIMLETPortobello Rd gin, lime cordial & hibiscus tea.£6.50
- RED SNAPPEROphir gin, tomato juice, Henderson’s relish, our chef’s special hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, celery salt & black pepper.£7
- WHISKEY RAITABuffalo Trace bourbon infused with cucumber & mint. Lemon, sugar syrup & aquafaba.£7
- PAPER PLANEWoodford Reserve bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro & fresh lemon juice.£8
- RE-FASHIONEDWoodford Reserve bourbon, Pampero Golden Rum, spiced syrup & orange bitters.£8
- NEGRONISacred Cardamom Gin, Campari & Cocchi Torino vermouth.£8
- NIMBU PANI(Non-alcoholic)Indian lemonade flavoured with cumin and salt£3
- Mango Lopez(Non-alcoholic)A refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut & lime£4
- MANGO LASSIYoghurt drink.£2.70
- SODA POPCoke, Diet Coke or Sprite. Thums Up. India’s finest cola.£2.25 / £2.50
- KARMA KOLA CO.Choose from Karma Cola, Lemony Lemonade or Gingerella. Ethical & Fairtrade.£2.40
- JUICEOrange, Apple, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple or Cranberry.£2.20
- WATERHarrogate Spa. Still or sparkling.£1.25
- TEAAsk for today’s loose leaf selection.£2
- HOUSE CHAIWarming Indian hot drink. Made with boiled milk, ginger, massala & sugar.£2.20
- BOOZEY CHAIOur house chai with added alcohol. BAILEYS BOURBON Buffalo Trace COGNAC Martel VS£4 / £4.50 / £5
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BEERS
oin us for our very first informal beer & food pairing with Colorado's Oskar Blues Brewery. Brewer Jeremy Rudolph will be bringing five beers that we will pair with our signature Bundobust spicy street food.
Tickets are priced £20 and are available here
Fried lady’s fingers coated in chickpea batter. Seasoned with black salt & mango powder.
Served with Pinner Throwback IPA (4.9%)
Samosoa pastry, puffed rice, turmeric noodles, red onion, tomato & tamarind chutney.
Served with Beerito (4%)
A thick curry of mashed cauliflower, pea, potato & fenugreek cooked with butter, garam massala & chilli. Served with a spiced brioche bun.
Served with Dale’s Pale Ale (6.5%)
Paneer & Mushroom Tikka
Barbecued curd cheese, mushroom & pepper marinated in yoghurt & tikka massala. Served with a red pepper ketchup & a spinach chutney.
Served with Hot Box Coffee Porter (6.5%)
Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream
Made by our friends at Northern Bloc
Served with Ten FIDY 2013 Vintage (10.5%)
Oskar blues are an American brewery form Colorado. They are credited as being the first craft brewery to package beer in cans. Bundobust are an award winning Indian Street Food & Craft Beer restaurant.
We are pleased to welcome Soren from Copenhangen's Dry & Bitter Brewing Company! He will be bringing 5 hoppy delights with him that will be freshly pouring on keg including Dank and Juicy, Emotional Intellectual, Everglow, Disobedience & a special UK exclusive.
Order a flight of any 3 1/3 pints of Dry & Bitter beer & get a free portion of Bhel Puri or Bundo Chaat for free.
We are absolutely chuffed to have been reviewed by legendary food critic Jay Rayner in Sunday’s Observer Magazine. He absolutely loved his Bundobust experience & didn’t have a bad word to say about us. This quote sums it up “Vibrant Indian street food served with craft beer in a friendly communal space... Why has no one done this before?”
We’ve had an amazing month of press this June & had mentions in BBC Good Food magazine, olive magazine & The Week. In a snap shot, this is what they said:
“Bundobust’s bhel puri, tarka dhal, masala dosa & bhajis are all exceptional in their freshness, depth & adept spicing.”
BBC Good Food, Insider Leeds
“A bustling place that offers a casual dining experience with small plates & low prices.”
Olive Magazine, So Hot Right Now
"The street-food and craft-beer specialists keep things pleasingly simple, with an all-vegetarian offering of good-value small plates, making it impossible not to sample a selection."
The Week, Best Casual Indian Restaurants in London & The UK
T-SHIRTS · POSTERS · TEA TOWELS · BOTTLE OPENERS · BAGS
CLICK HERE TO BUY
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 21:30
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 22:00
Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
Mon - Thu: 23:00
Fri - Sat: 00:00
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
FOR ALL THINGS BUNDOBUST
We send out a monthly newsletter of all our latest offers, upcoming events and anything we want to shout about. Sign up to keep in the loop.
Just fill in the form and keep up to date with all the Bundo-chaat.
To book a table click here.
For bookings of 12 or more people email email@example.com
We are situated in a basement with 12 steps leading down to our restaurant from street level. Unfortunately we are not wheelchair accessible.