TOO MUCH SPICY
INDIAN STREET FOOD & CRAFT BEER
December 2016 saw Leeds’ critically acclaimed ‘beer & Indian’ joint open its doors in Manchester. In a basement on Piccadilly, Bundobust is a stone’s throw from the city’s independent Northern Quarter. We’ve brought our award-winning recipe for success over the Pennines, and are quickly ranking as one of the city’s best casual dining restaurants.
What we do is simple – Gujarat-inspired street food and the world’s best craft beer, from both local and international breweries.
Jay Rayner, the Observer’s food critic, reviewed the restaurant just months after opening, and we think he puts it best: “vibrant Indian street food served with craft beer in a friendly communal space…Why has no one done this before?”
- OKRA FRIES (v, gF)Perfect with beer. Fried lady’s fingers coated in chickpea batter. Seasoned with black salt & mango powder.£4
- ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS (v, gF)The ultimate bhaji! Spiced with fennel & chilli. Served with a tamarind & red pepper chutney.£4.50
- BHEL PURI (v)A crisp & crunchy street food classic. Samosa pastry, puffed rice, peas, red onion & tomato tossed in tamarind chutney. Topped with pomegranate seeds.£4.50
- BUNDO CHAATA layered taste sensation of samosa pastry, chickpeas, potato, tamarind chutney, yoghurt, onion, turmeric noodles & chilli sauce.£4.75
- IDLI SAMBHAR (v, gF)A warming lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup. Served with steamed rice cakes & a mustard seed & curry leaf chutney.£5
- GOBI MUSHROOM MANCHURIAN (e)Mushroom & cauliflower pakoras slathered in an Indo-Chinese sauce.£5.5
- VADA PAV (e)Mumbai’s favourite burger. A deep-fried spicy mashed potato ball. Served in a brioche bun with red & green chutney.£5.50
- RAGHDA PETHIS (v, gF)India meets the North of England. Spicy mushy peas & potato cake. Topped with turmeric noodles, tomato, onion & tamarind chutney.£5.50
- MASSALA DOSA (v, gF)Mini rice pancakes filled with a cauliflower & potato dry fry. Served with a lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£6
- EGG BHURJI (e)Indian scrambled egg cooked with peppers, chilli, cumin & coriander. Served with a soft Indian flatbread£6
- TARKA DHAL & RICE (v, gF)A classic mixed lentil curry cooked with cumin, garlic & chilli. Served on basmati rice.£6
- CHOLE SAAG (v)Our spin on a traditional curry. Chickpea & spinach massala. Served with puri.£6.50
- PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA (gF)Skewers of barbecued paneer, mushrooms & peppers marinated in yoghurt curd & our tikka massala. Served with red pepper ketchup & spinach chutney.£6.50
- PANEER KADAIA staff curry favourite! Paneer cheese cooked in a deep cinnamon, fenugreek, red pepper & tomato sauce. Served with bhatura.£6.50
- PAV BHAJI (e)A street food original. Mashed up cauliflower, potato & peas. Flavoured with garam massala. Served with a spiced toasted brioche bun.£6.50
- SAMBHAR (v, gF)Lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£3.50
- KACHUMBER SAMBHARO (v, gF)Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy£3
- SAUCE TRIO (gF)Yoghurt & cumin, desi ketchup, tamarind & date.£1.50
- RICE (v, gF)Basmati£1.75
- IDLI (v, gF)Steamed rice cakes.£1.50
- BHATURADeep fried Indian flatbread fermented with yoghurt.£1.50
- PURI (v)Deep fried unleavened bread. Portion of 2.£2
- KULFI ICE (gF)Indian ice cream on a stick. Ask for today’s avour.£2.50
- COMBO FOR 2Onion, Broccoli & Kale Bhajis + Bundo Chaat + Paneer & Mushroom Tikka + Tarka Dhal + Massala Dosa£25.50
- VEGAN COMBO FOR 2Okra Fries + Onion, Broccoli & Kale Bhajis + Bhel Puri + Ragda Pethis + Massala Dosa£22.50
- COMBO FOR 4Kachumber Sambharo + Popcorn & Pops + Okra Fries + Onion, Broccoli & Kale Bhajis + Bundo Chaat + Ragda Pethis + Paneer & Mushroom Tikka + Massala Dosa + Egg Bhurji + Chole Saag£44
- BUNDO COMBOEvery dish on the menu - Feeds 6-8 people. *Excludes Additionals & Sweet. Includes Kachumber Sambharo.£82.50
- LUNCH EXPRESS2 Dishes: Okra Fries or Onion, Broccoli, & Kale Bhajis or Bundo Chaat plus Massala Dosa or Egg Bhurji or Tarka Dhal & Rice. Mon - Fri 12noon - 4pm£7.50
- FAR FAR (v)Colourful rice puffs dusted with our special spice blend.£2.50
- SPICY NUTS (v, gF)Cashews, peanuts, almonds, peas & lentils tossed in our special spice blend.£3
- POPCORN & POPS (v, gF)Popcorn & mini popadoms drizzled with green chilli & garlic oil.£3
- BOMBAY DAZZLERIndian Witbier - Bundobust x Northern Monk - 4.8% (keg)£4.80
- ETERNALSession IPA - Northern Monk - 4.1% (keg)£4.80
- VELTINSPilsener - 4.8% (keg)£4.50
- APERIETTA, PROSECCO SPUMANTE DOCItalyCrisp, fruity, citrus & peach notes.£5 / £25
- CA’ DI PONTI GRILLO, IGTSicilyA little known, peachy & vibrant wine.£4.50 / £6.20 / £18
- FALSE BAY, WILD YEAST CHENIN BLANCSouth AfricaAn exceptional Chenin Blanc. Tropical fruit flavours & a creamy lemon finish.£5 / £6.85 / £20
- WILLOWGLEN, GEWURZTRAMINER/RIESLINGAustraliaRose petal aromas with a hint of spice & fresh citrus. Sweet flavours of rosewater & a citrus freshness£5.40 / £7.60 / £22
- PARRA JIMINEZ, VERDEJOSpainClean ripe fruit with a floral note & pitch of spice.£5.85 / £8.35 / £24
- SEPP, GRÜNER VELTLINERAustriaWonderfully fruity with aromas & flavours of pear, kiwi, apricot & a little white spice.£6.70 / £9.50 / £28
- LE SENTIER, DANS LES VIGNESFranceA warming Rhône style red with rich spiced fruit aromas & ample round fruit on the palate.£4.55 / £6.20 / £18
- ADOBE, MERLOTChileA super, classically rounded, delicious Merlot.£5.50 / £7.60 / £22.50
- EL VIEJO DEL VALLE, PINOT NOIRChileA bright & complex wine with good berry fruit flavours.£5.60 / £7.80 / £22.75
- CROIX D’OR, PINOT NOIR ROSEFranceDry, aromatic with summer pudding berry flavours£5.60 / £7.80 / £22.75
- DESI 75Sipsmith’s sloe gin, lemon juice & cinnamon syrup topped with Prosecco.£7
- MANGO & ROSE WATER BRAMBLEPortobello Rd gin, mango, rosewater & lemon juice.£7
- COCONUT & MANGO MOJITOKoko Kanu rum, mango syrup, lime juice & fresh mint. Tropical!£7
- GINGER AMARETTO SOURDisaronno, ginger liquor, lemon juice, bitters & aquafaba.£7
- DIRTY LOPEZAppleton’s white rum shaken with mango, pineapple, coconut & lime.£7.25
- HIBISCUS GIMLETPortobello Rd gin, lime cordial & hibiscus tea.£7
- RED SNAPPEROphir gin, tomato juice, Henderson’s relish, our chef’s special hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, celery salt & black pepper.£7.50
- PAPER PLANEWoodford Reserve bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro & fresh lemon juice.£8.25
- RUM FASHIONEDWoodford Reserve bourbon, Pampero Golden Rum, spiced syrup & orange bitters.£8.25
- NEGRONISacred Cardamom Gin, Campari & Cocchi Torino vermouth.£8.25
- NIMBU PANI(Non-alcoholic)Indian lemonade flavoured with cumin and salt£3.25
- Mango Lopez(Non-alcoholic)A refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut & lime£4.25
- Bundo Crush(Non-alcoholic)Grapefruit & Cranberry juice, rosewater, topped with soda£3.25
- Kachumber Cooler(Non-alcoholic)Cucumber, mint & lime, topped with soda & cucumber gomme.£3.25
- MANGO LASSIYoghurt drink.£2.75
- SODA POPCoke, Diet Coke or Sprite. Thums Up. India’s finest cola.£2.40
- KARMA KOLA CO.Choose from Karma Cola, Lemony Lemonade or Gingerella. Ethical & Fairtrade.£3.25
- JUICEOrange, Apple, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple or Cranberry.£2.20
- WATERHarrogate Spa. Still or sparkling.£1.25
- TEAAsk for today’s loose leaf selection.£2
- HOUSE CHAIWarming Indian hot drink. Made with boiled milk, ginger, massala & sugar.£2.40
- BOOZEY CHAIOur house chai with added alcohol. BAILEYS BOURBON Buffalo Trace COGNAC Martel VS£4 / £5 / £5.50
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BEERS
So you've been put in charge of organising the works Christmas do. Sorry to hear that. The way we see it, you've got two options.
a) Spend the next two months emailing Keith from accounts to ask if he wants paté or prawn cocktail, or
b) Tell us how many people you're bringing and let us put on a Festive Feast including Christmas specials, classic sharing dishes, and a welcome drink and snacks. Leaving you free to dream about paneer and Christmas party snogs
From November 18th - December 24th, the Bundobust Festive Feast is available to groups of 8+
Priced at £17.50 per head, everybody in your party will get a welcome drink (1/2 pint of lager, Bombay Dazzler, or Northern Monk Eternal, 125ml house wine, or selected soft drink) and snacks, followed by a procession of dishes served feast-style, working out at three dishes per person. There's plenty of Sprout Bhajis and Festive Curry to go around, as well as favourites from our standard menu including Okra Fries, Bhel Buri, Bundo Chaat, Gobi Manchurian, Vada Pav, Ragda Pethis, Massala Dosa, Egg Bhurji, Cole Saag, Paneer Tikka, Paneer Kadai, and Pav Bhaji.
Email Christmas@bundobust.com or speak to a member of the team at the bar for booking enquiries!
Each Bundobust venue donates £1 from the sale of every Bhaji Butty to selected charity partners which we change throughout the year to spread the love.
From November 1st - January 31st we're working with organisations in each city that tackle homelessness and promote and enable independent living.
In Leeds, we're working with Canopy Housing.
Canopy is a small organisation based in Harehills. We believe everyone deserves a safe home and the opportunity to find work.
Working alongside our volunteers, people at risk of homelessness transform empty, run-down properties into homes which they get to move into, for as long as they wish. This Self-Help is at the heart of what we do.
Volunteers and Self-Helpers get the chance to learn construction skills, build confidence, uplift the local community, and improve their chances of finding work all whilst helping eradicate homelessness.
To find out more please visit canopyhousing.org
in Manchester, we're working with Mustard Tree.
For 25 years Mustard Tree has been there for people in need. With your support they can be there to clothe, feed, house, reassure, comfort, hug when appropriate, listen, protect, and support. They explain, sign post, forgive and train people to learn new skills. They build confidence, celebrate success, help people find somewhere safe to live and secure a job. Ultimately they help people to feel hope again.By choosing the Bhaji Butty today, you are making a big difference to someone’s life by helping fund Mustard Tree to be there for those in need.To find out more please visit https://mustardtree.org.uk
an in Liverpool, we're working with The Whitechapel Centre.
"The Whitechapel Centre is a leading homeless and housing charity for the Liverpool region. We work with people who are sleeping rough, living in hostels or struggling to manage their accommodation. We are committed to helping people find and maintain a home and learn the life skills essential for independent living.
We provide hot meals, showers and laundry facilities. We manage high quality supported accommodation services at our family centres, shared accommodation and private rented bond scheme. We equip people with life skills needed to live independently. We do this every day of the year, 24 hours a day."
Look out for flyers on the table in each venue to find out more about the work they do and the impact your donations make!
Gourdness Gracious Me!
Following the popularity of last year's Pumpkin Samosa special, we're bringing them back again for Halloween weekend!
Pumpkin and peas spiced with garam massala, chilli and garlic, stuffed in a spinach and nigella seed pastry. Served with a spicy tomato, ginger, and red pepper sauce. (v) £4.50
Available at all venues until Sunday 3rd November.
Having spent the last five years serving up our take on traditional Indian street food dishes from the likes of Gujarat, Kashmir, and Kerala, we're taking a trip to the Curry Miles of Bradford, Birmingham, and Leicester with a menu of Curry House Classics.
For the first time ever, starting on October 7th 2019 (to coincide with National Curry Week) you can try a Bundo Korma and Vindaloo, as well as poppadoms spiced with our signature Okra Fries seasoning, and Vegetable Pilau.
Available at all venues until October 29th, the specials can be ordered individually or as a Curry House Combo, with a portion of Onion, Broccoli & Kale Bhajis for £20.
Poppadoms - £3
Served with mango chutney, tomato onion relish and mixed achar, poppadoms dusted in mango powder and black salt. (V,gf)
Korma - £6
Paneer, potato and sultana koftas in a creamy coconut and cashew sauce spiced with cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon.
Vindaloo - £6
Our spiciest dish EVER. Cauliflower, peas, green beans and mixed peppers in a Kashmiri chilli and vinegar sauce. (v, gf)
Vegetable Pilau - £3
Mixed veg basmati rice spiced with cumin and turmeric. (v, gf)
Curry Classics Combo - £20
Poppadoms + Onion, Broccoli & Kale Bhajis + Korma + Vindaloo + Vegetable Pilau.
T-SHIRTS · POSTERS · TEA TOWELS · BOTTLE OPENERS · BAGS
CLICK HERE TO BUY
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 21:30
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 22:00
Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
Mon - Thu: 23:00
Fri - Sat: 00:00
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
FOR ALL THINGS BUNDOBUST
We send out a monthly newsletter of all our latest offers, upcoming events and anything we want to shout about. Sign up to keep in the loop.
Just fill in the form and keep up to date with all the Bundo-chaat.
We keep most of our restaurant free for walk-ins, but limited bookings are reserved for groups of 4-20.
We are situated in a basement with 12 steps leading down to our restaurant from street level. Unfortunately we are not wheelchair accessible.