TOO MUCH SPICY
INDIAN STREET FOOD & CRAFT BEER
December 2016 saw Leeds’ critically acclaimed ‘beer & Indian’ joint open its doors in Manchester. In a basement on Piccadilly, Bundobust is a stone’s throw from the city’s independent Northern Quarter. We’ve brought our award-winning recipe for success over the Pennines, and are quickly ranking as one of the city’s best casual dining restaurants.
What we do is simple – Gujarat-inspired street food and the world’s best craft beer, from both local and international breweries.
Jay Rayner, the Observer’s food critic, reviewed the restaurant just months after opening, and we think he puts it best: “vibrant Indian street food served with craft beer in a friendly communal space…Why has no one done this before?”
- OKRA FRIES (v, gF)Perfect with beer. Fried lady’s fingers coated in chickpea batter. Seasoned with black salt & mango powder.£4
- ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS (v, gF)The ultimate bhaji! Spiced with fennel & chilli. Served with a tamarind & red pepper chutney.£4.50
- BHEL PURI (v)A crisp & crunchy street food classic. Samosa pastry, puffed rice, peas, red onion & tomato tossed in tamarind chutney. Topped with pomegranate seeds.£4.50
- BUNDO CHAATA layered taste sensation of samosa pastry, chickpeas, potato, tamarind chutney, yoghurt, onion, turmeric noodles & chilli sauce.£4.75
- IDLI SAMBHAR (v, gF)A warming lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup. Served with steamed rice cakes & a mustard seed & curry leaf chutney.£5
- GOBI MUSHROOM MANCHURIAN (e)Mushroom & cauliflower pakoras slathered in an Indo-Chinese sauce.£5.5
- VADA PAV (e)Mumbai’s favourite burger. A deep-fried spicy mashed potato ball. Served in a brioche bun with red & green chutney.£5.50
- RAGHDA PETHIS (v, gF)India meets the North of England. Spicy mushy peas & potato cake. Topped with turmeric noodles, tomato, onion & tamarind chutney.£5.50
- MASSALA DOSA (v, gF)Mini rice pancakes filled with a cauliflower & potato dry fry. Served with a lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£6
- EGG BHURJI (e)Indian scrambled egg cooked with peppers, chilli, cumin & coriander. Served with a soft Indian flatbread£6
- TARKA DHAL & RICE (v, gF)A classic mixed lentil curry cooked with cumin, garlic & chilli. Served on basmati rice.£6
- CHOLE SAAG (v)Our spin on a traditional curry. Chickpea & spinach massala. Served with puri.£6.50
- PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA (gF)Skewers of barbecued paneer, mushrooms & peppers marinated in yoghurt curd & our tikka massala. Served with red pepper ketchup & spinach chutney.£6.50
- PANEER KADAIA staff curry favourite! Paneer cheese cooked in a deep cinnamon, fenugreek, red pepper & tomato sauce. Served with bhatura.£6.50
- PAV BHAJI (e)A street food original. Mashed up cauliflower, potato & peas. Flavoured with garam massala. Served with a spiced toasted brioche bun.£6.50
- SAMBHAR (v, gF)Lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£3.50
- KACHUMBER SAMBHARO (v, gF)Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy£3
- SAUCE TRIO (gF)Yoghurt & cumin, desi ketchup, tamarind & date.£1.50
- RICE (v, gF)Basmati£1.75
- IDLI (v, gF)Steamed rice cakes.£1.50
- BHATURADeep fried Indian flatbread fermented with yoghurt.£1.50
- PURI (v)Deep fried unleavened bread. Portion of 2.£2
- KULFI ICE (gF)Indian ice cream on a stick. Ask for today’s avour.£2.50
- COMBO FOR 2Onion, Broccoli & Kale Bhajis + Bundo Chaat + Paneer & Mushroom Tikka + Tarka Dhal + Massala Dosa£25.50
- VEGAN COMBO FOR 2Okra Fries + Onion, Broccoli & Kale Bhajis + Bhel Puri + Ragda Pethis + Massala Dosa£22.50
- COMBO FOR 4Kachumber Sambharo + Popcorn & Pops + Okra Fries + Onion, Broccoli & Kale Bhajis + Bundo Chaat + Ragda Pethis + Paneer & Mushroom Tikka + Massala Dosa + Egg Bhurji + Chole Saag£44
- BUNDO COMBOEvery dish on the menu - Feeds 6-8 people. *Excludes Additionals & Sweet. Includes Kachumber Sambharo.£82.50
- LUNCH EXPRESS2 Dishes: Okra Fries or Onion, Broccoli, & Kale Bhajis or Bundo Chaat plus Massala Dosa or Egg Bhurji or Tarka Dhal & Rice. Mon - Fri 12noon - 4pm£7.50
- FAR FAR (v)Colourful rice puffs dusted with our special spice blend.£2.50
- SPICY NUTS (v, gF)Cashews, peanuts, almonds, peas & lentils tossed in our special spice blend.£3
- POPCORN & POPS (v, gF)Popcorn & mini popadoms drizzled with green chilli & garlic oil.£3
- BOMBAY DAZZLERIndian Witbier - Bundobust x Northern Monk - 4.8% (keg)£4.80
- ETERNALSession IPA - Northern Monk - 4.1% (keg)£4.80
- VELTINSPilsener - 4.8% (keg)£4.50
- APERIETTA, PROSECCO SPUMANTE DOCItalyCrisp, fruity, citrus & peach notes.£5 / £25
- CA’ DI PONTI GRILLO, IGTSicilyA little known, peachy & vibrant wine.£4.50 / £6.20 / £18
- FALSE BAY, WILD YEAST CHENIN BLANCSouth AfricaAn exceptional Chenin Blanc. Tropical fruit flavours & a creamy lemon finish.£5 / £6.85 / £20
- WILLOWGLEN, GEWURZTRAMINER/RIESLINGAustraliaRose petal aromas with a hint of spice & fresh citrus. Sweet flavours of rosewater & a citrus freshness£5.40 / £7.60 / £22
- PARRA JIMINEZ, VERDEJOSpainClean ripe fruit with a floral note & pitch of spice.£5.85 / £8.35 / £24
- SEPP, GRÜNER VELTLINERAustriaWonderfully fruity with aromas & flavours of pear, kiwi, apricot & a little white spice.£6.70 / £9.50 / £28
- LE SENTIER, DANS LES VIGNESFranceA warming Rhône style red with rich spiced fruit aromas & ample round fruit on the palate.£4.55 / £6.20 / £18
- ADOBE, MERLOTChileA super, classically rounded, delicious Merlot.£5.50 / £7.60 / £22.50
- EL VIEJO DEL VALLE, PINOT NOIRChileA bright & complex wine with good berry fruit flavours.£5.60 / £7.80 / £22.75
- CROIX D’OR, PINOT NOIR ROSEFranceDry, aromatic with summer pudding berry flavours£5.60 / £7.80 / £22.75
- DESI 75Sipsmith’s sloe gin, lemon juice & cinnamon syrup topped with Prosecco.£7
- MANGO & ROSE WATER BRAMBLEPortobello Rd gin, mango, rosewater & lemon juice.£7
- COCONUT & MANGO MOJITOKoko Kanu rum, mango syrup, lime juice & fresh mint. Tropical!£7
- GINGER AMARETTO SOURDisaronno, ginger liquor, lemon juice, bitters & aquafaba.£7
- DIRTY LOPEZAppleton’s white rum shaken with mango, pineapple, coconut & lime.£7.25
- HIBISCUS GIMLETPortobello Rd gin, lime cordial & hibiscus tea.£7
- RED SNAPPEROphir gin, tomato juice, Henderson’s relish, our chef’s special hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, celery salt & black pepper.£7.50
- PAPER PLANEWoodford Reserve bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro & fresh lemon juice.£8.25
- RUM FASHIONEDWoodford Reserve bourbon, Pampero Golden Rum, spiced syrup & orange bitters.£8.25
- NEGRONISacred Cardamom Gin, Campari & Cocchi Torino vermouth.£8.25
- NIMBU PANI(Non-alcoholic)Indian lemonade flavoured with cumin and salt£3.25
- Mango Lopez(Non-alcoholic)A refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut & lime£4.25
- Bundo Crush(Non-alcoholic)Grapefruit & Cranberry juice, rosewater, topped with soda£3.25
- Kachumber Cooler(Non-alcoholic)Cucumber, mint & lime, topped with soda & cucumber gomme.£3.25
- MANGO LASSIYoghurt drink.£2.75
- SODA POPCoke, Diet Coke or Sprite. Thums Up. India’s finest cola.£2.40
- KARMA KOLA CO.Choose from Karma Cola, Lemony Lemonade or Gingerella. Ethical & Fairtrade.£3.25
- JUICEOrange, Apple, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple or Cranberry.£2.20
- WATERHarrogate Spa. Still or sparkling.£1.25
- TEAAsk for today’s loose leaf selection.£2
- HOUSE CHAIWarming Indian hot drink. Made with boiled milk, ginger, massala & sugar.£2.40
- BOOZEY CHAIOur house chai with added alcohol. BAILEYS BOURBON Buffalo Trace COGNAC Martel VS£4 / £5 / £5.50
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BEERS
Dirty Okra Fries - Chips & Peas, Desi style. Okra fries served on raghda paths, topped with tomato, onion, and tamarind chutney (V,GF) - £5.50
Döneer Kebab - Grilled paneer and mushroom tikka skewer served in a warm bhatura, with salad, crispy onions, yoghurt and chilli sauce. - £5
Singh-er Tower Burger - Vada Pav doused in our chilli sauces served on a bhaji patty with coriander chutney. - £7.25
All three are available throughout April in Leeds and Manchester.
From midday we'll be pouring the following until they're gone:
Are you Shore? Brut IPA (6%)
Spontan Double Blueberry (7.7%)
Nelson Sauvignon Mango & Passionfruit (9%)
Stedsegroen Session IPA (3.5%)
Bean Geek Hazy IPA (4.9%)
Gose Watermelon (4%)
Chipotle Porter with Chili (6.6%)
Weird Weather Gluten Free IPA (6.8%)
Beer Geek Breakfast Stout (7.5%)
Spontan Hibiscus (7.7%)
You don't need a festival wristband to attend this event, however, tickets for Friends & Family & Beer are available here: https://www.friendsandfamily.beer/
They're BBBack! You voted to bring back Biryani Bhaji Balls, so from Monday 18th - 28th February they'll be available on our specials board, alongside a personal favourite of ours, Pani Puri.
Biryani Bhaji Balls - Biryani arancini: crispy, Deep-fried balls of rice flavoured with rosewater, mint, and whole spices. Served with a rich biryani-style tomato sauce.
Pani Puri - Refreshing traditional street food. Crispy puri filled with massala and sprouting mung bean, served with tamarind, lemon, and black salt water.
Available at both Bundo venues
We're celebrating the Chinese Year of the Pig with a week of special dishes and drinks from Chinatown via Kolkata.
Sesame Gobi Toast is a vegetarian take on the takeaway classic prawn toast, and Egg-fried Pilau is a mash-up of spicy Indian pilau and egg-fried rice. They both join popular Indo-Chinese favourite Gobi Manchurian - fried cauliflower and mushrooms in a hot sweet & sour sauce - a permanent fixture on the Bundo menu.
As well as a range of food-friendly beers such as Nomad Salt & Pepper Gose, a limited edition 0% ABV Ginger-Apple sour spiced with garam masala - Five Ginger Death Punch - has been specially designed to go with the new dishes, and their classic Ginger Amaretto Sour is recommended for anybody wanting to toast the new year with something stronger.
All specials are available from Monday 4th - Sunday 8th Feb in Leeds and Manchester
Sesame Gobi Toast - Deep-fried pav topped with minced cauliflower, garlic, and ginger. Served with a sriracha-black pepper chutney.
Egg-fried Pilau - Basmati dry-fry with broken omelette, red peppers, and green onions, spiced with chilli and garam masala
Five Ginger Death Punch - 0% ABV apple and ginger sour spiced with garam masala, shaken with aquafaba for a silky froth (V)
T-SHIRTS · POSTERS · TEA TOWELS · BOTTLE OPENERS · BAGS
CLICK HERE TO BUY
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 21:30
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 22:00
Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
Mon - Thu: 23:00
Fri - Sat: 00:00
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
FOR ALL THINGS BUNDOBUST
We send out a monthly newsletter of all our latest offers, upcoming events and anything we want to shout about. Sign up to keep in the loop.
Just fill in the form and keep up to date with all the Bundo-chaat.
We keep most of our restaurant free for walk-ins, but limited bookings are reserved for groups of 4-20.
We are situated in a basement with 12 steps leading down to our restaurant from street level. Unfortunately we are not wheelchair accessible.