TOO MUCH SPICY
INDIAN STREET FOOD & CRAFT BEER
December 2016 saw Leeds’ critically acclaimed ‘beer & Indian’ joint open its doors in Manchester. In a basement on Piccadilly, Bundobust is a stone’s throw from the city’s independent Northern Quarter. We’ve brought our award-winning recipe for success over the Pennines, and are quickly ranking as one of the city’s best casual dining restaurants.
What we do is simple – Gujarat-inspired street food and the world’s best craft beer, from both local and international breweries.
Jay Rayner, the Observer’s food critic, reviewed the restaurant just months after opening, and we think he puts it best: “vibrant Indian street food served with craft beer in a friendly communal space…Why has no one done this before?”
- OKRA FRIES (v, gF)(ock∙ruh fries) The ultimate beer snack. Okra in crisp chickpea batter, dusted with black salt & mango powder.£4
- BHAJIS (v, gF)Crispy onion, kale, & broccoli bhajis spiked with fennel & chilli. Tamarind & red pepper chutney.£4.50
- BHEL PURI (v)The classic Mumbai street snack. Broken samosa pastry and puffed rice, with peas, onion, pomegranate and tomato in tamarind chutney.£4.50
- BUNDO CHAATLayers of samosa pastry, chickpea, potato, onion, sev and chilli sauce. Served cool, with yoghurt and tamarind chutney.£4.75
- IDLI SAMBHAR (v, gF)Steamed rice cakes in a hot and sour lentil and aubergine soup. Coconut, curry leaf & mustard seed chutney.£5
- GOBI MANCHURIAN (e)Indo-Chinese mash-up. Cauliflower and mushroom pakoras tossed in an umami-hot sauce.£5.5
- VADA PAV (e)(vah∙duh pow) The iconic Indian veggie burger. Deep-fried mashed potato ball in a bun, with red and green chutneys. Served with fried green chilli (Eat at your own risk)£5.50
- RAGHDA PETHIS (v, gF)North England meets India! Spiced potato cake with mushy peas, topped with sev, tomato, onion, and tamarind chutney.£5.50
- MASSALA DOSA (v, gF)Fermented rice pancakes filled with cauliflower & potato massala. Served with hot and sour lentil and aubergine soup.£6
- EGG BHURJI (e)Cumin and green chilli-spiced scrambled eggs, with peppers & coriander. Served with bhatura.£6
- TARKA DHAL & RICE (v, gF)Warming lentil curry spiced with with cumin, garlic, and chilli. Served with basmati rice.£6
- CHOLE SAAG (v)(cho∙lay sag) Chickpeas & spinach stewed in garam massala, onion, and ginger. Served with puri.£6.50
- PANEER TIKKA (gF)Barbecued paneer, mushroom, and peppers marinated in tikka massala yoghurt. Red pepper ketchup & spinach chutney.£6.50
- PANEER KADAIPaneer cheese simmered in rich red pepper & tomato sauce with cinnamon and fenugreek. Served with bhatura.£6.50
- PAV BHAJI (e)(pow bah∙jee) Crushed potato, cauliflower, and peas spiced with layers of garam massala. Served with spiced toasted brioche.£6.50
- Bhaji Butty (e)The original Bundo menu hack! Bhaji patty, salad, and chutneys in a brioche bun. £1 from each Bhaji Butty goes to local causes. See flyers on tables for more info on our current charity partner.£5.5
- SAMBHAR (v, gF)Lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£3.50
- KACHUMBER SAMBHARO (v, gF)Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy£3
- SAUCE TRIO (gF)Yoghurt & cumin, desi ketchup, tamarind & date.£1.50
- RICE (v, gF)Basmati£1.75
- IDLI (v, gF)Steamed rice cakes.£1.50
- BHATURADeep fried Indian flatbread fermented with yoghurt.£1.50
- PURI (v)Deep fried unleavened bread. Portion of 2.£2
- KULFI ICE (gF)Indian ice cream on a stick. Ask for today’s avour.£2.50
- COMBO FOR 2Bhajis + Bundo Chaat + Paneer Tikka + Tarka Dhal & Rice + Massala Dosa£25.50
- VEGAN COMBO FOR 2Okra Fries + Bhajis + Bhel Puri + Raghda Pethis + Massala Dosa£22.50
- COMBO FOR 4Kachumber Sambharo + Popcorn & Pops + Okra Fries + Bhajis + Bundo Chaat + Ragda Pethis + Paneer Tikka + Massala Dosa + Egg Bhurji + Chole Saag£44
- BUNDO COMBOEvery dish on the menu - Feeds 6-8 people. *Excludes Additionals & Sweet. Includes Kachumber Sambharo.£82.50
- LUNCH EXPRESS2 Dishes: Okra Fries or Bhajis or Bundo Chaat plus Massala Dosa or Egg Bhurji or Tarka Dhal & Rice. Mon - Fri 12noon - 4pm£7.50
- FAR FAR (v)Colourful rice puffs dusted with our special spice blend.£2.50
- SPICY NUTS (v, gF)Cashews, peanuts, almonds, peas & lentils tossed in our special spice blend.£3
- POPCORN & POPS (v, gF)Popcorn & mini popadoms drizzled with green chilli & garlic oil.£3
- Le Soula, Trigone Blanc N18White. Bonkers but brilliant, made from six varieties grown high up in the Pyranees. Apricot and spice and all things nice.£30
- Craig Hawkins, 'Z' ZinfandelSwartlandRed. Reminiscent of ripe red fruit and blueberry. Supple tannins and fresh acidity combine to create a mouth-watering juiciness on the finish.£30
- Bombay Dazzler4.8% (Bundobust X Northern Monk Spiced Indian Witbier.)£5
- Northern Monk EternalSession IPA - Northern Monk - 4.1% (Session IPA)£5
- Flensburger Lager4% (Helles)£4.80
- Kirkstall Virtuous4.5% (Gluten-Free Session IPA)£5
- Prosecco Masottina, BrutVeneto£5 / £25
- Dog Point, Sauvignon BlancMarlboroughElegantly rich and mouth-watering with an abundance of citrus and tropical fruit aromas.£7.50 / £10 / £29
- Berry Bros. & Rudd Mosel RieslingKabinett, Selbach-OsterElegantly rich and mouth-watering with an abundance of citrus and tropical fruit aromas. (Not vegan)£7 / £9.50 / £27
- Chardonnay/Roussanne, Dom F JourdanCôteaux de BéssillesAromatic and elegant with hints of peach and apricot.£6 / £8 / £23
- The Laughing Hat, BlancCôtes de GascogneZingy and fresh, deliciously easy drinking.£5 / £7 / £20
- De Martino, Estate MerlotMaipo ValleyNotes of raspberries and cherries with a crisp acidity and soft tannins. Very well balanced.£5 / £7 / £20
- Domaine Lyrarakis, KotsifaliCreteSpices and red fruits with an elegant mouthfeel. Very moreish.£7 / £9.50 / £27
- Colline Delle Rose, Nero D'Avola, Colombia BiancaSicilyDark plums and blueberry coulis. Crunchy and lightly spicy.£6 / £8 / £23
- Domaine D'Antugnac, RoséTuirtelles, Pays d'OcWith a complex nose of red fruits, peach, and flowers, it is fresh and fruit with a light body, and aromatic finesse.£6 / £8 / £23
- DESI 75Sipsmith’s sloe gin, lemon juice & cinnamon syrup topped with Prosecco.£7
- MANGO & ROSE WATER BRAMBLEPortobello Rd gin, mango, rosewater & lemon juice.£7
- COCONUT & MANGO MOJITOKoko Kanu rum, mango syrup, lime juice & fresh mint. Tropical!£7
- GINGER AMARETTO SOURDisaronno, ginger liquor, lemon juice, bitters & aquafaba.£7
- DIRTY LOPEZAppleton’s white rum shaken with mango, pineapple, coconut & lime.£7.25
- RED SNAPPEROphir gin, tomato juice, Henderson’s relish, our chef’s special hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, celery salt & black pepper.£7.50
- PAPER PLANEWoodford Reserve bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro & fresh lemon juice.£8.25
- RUM FASHIONEDWoodford Reserve bourbon, Pampero Golden Rum, spiced syrup & orange bitters.£8.25
- NEGRONISacred Cardamom Gin, Campari & Cocchi Torino vermouth.£8.25
- NIMBU PANI(Non-alcoholic)Indian lemonade flavoured with cumin and salt£3.25
- Mango Lopez(Non-alcoholic)A refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut & lime£4.25
- Bundo Crush(Non-alcoholic)Grapefruit & Cranberry juice, rosewater, topped with soda£3.25
- Kachumber Cooler(Non-alcoholic)Cucumber, mint & lime, topped with soda & cucumber gomme.£3.25
- MANGO LASSIYoghurt drink.£2.75
- SODA POPCoke, Coke Zero, or Sprite.£2.80
- KARMA KOLA CO.Choose from Karma Cola, Lemony Lemonade or Gingerella. Ethical & Fairtrade.£3.75
- JUICEOrange, Apple, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple or Cranberry.£2.20
- WATERHarrogate Spa. Still or sparkling.£1.25
- TEAAsk for today’s loose leaf selection.£2
- HOUSE CHAIWarming Indian hot drink. Made with boiled milk, ginger, massala & sugar.£2.40
- BOOZEY CHAIOur house chai with added alcohol. BAILEYS BOURBON Buffalo Trace COGNAC Martel VS£4 / £5 / £5.50
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BEERS
It's the most Bundo-ful time of the year!
Bundo's Christmas Specials are back for 2019, and it sees the return of some old favourites; our now legendary Sprout Bhajis, and the Festive Curry.
This year also sees our first foray into the world of Christmas Sandwiches, with the Sprout Bhaji Butty. A crispy Sprout Bhaji patty is served with fresh dressed salad, red onion, Desi-style cranberry chutney and our signature green chutney all in a brioche bun.
As with our standard Bhaji Butty, we're donating £1 from the sale of every Sprout Bhaji Butty to our Charity Partners, which you can find out more about on our blog.
Bundobust Christmas Specials 2019 - Available until December 24th
Sprout Bhajis (v, gf) £4.50
Onion, broccoli, and sprout bhajis spiced with fennel, caraway seeds, and chilli. Served with a cranberry chutney.
Sprout Bhajis Butty £5.50
Sprout Bhaji Patty with red onion, kachumber sambharo, cranberry chutney and green chutney in a brioche bun. £1 from each Sprout Bhaji Butty goes to our current charity partners.
Festive Curry (v, gf) £7.00
Winter roots and French beans in a tomato and coconut sauce spiced with cinnamon, star anise, and curry leaf. Served with onion and jeera rice.
Naughty - Spiced Hot Toddy £7
Chivas Regal & Johnny Walker Black scotch, Ginger liqueur, lemon, and spiced syrup. Served warm.
Nice- Alcohol-free Apple Cinnamon Sour £3.5
Fresh apple and lemon juice, shaken with cinnamon syrup and aquafaba for a foamy head.
So you've been put in charge of organising the works Christmas do. Sorry to hear that. The way we see it, you've got two options.
a) Spend the next two months emailing Keith from accounts to ask if he wants paté or prawn cocktail, or
b) Tell us how many people you're bringing and let us put on a Festive Feast including Christmas specials, classic sharing dishes, and a welcome drink and snacks. Leaving you free to dream about paneer and Christmas party snogs
From November 18th - December 24th, the Bundobust Festive Feast is available to groups of 8+
Priced at £17.50 per head, everybody in your party will get a welcome drink (1/2 pint of lager, Bombay Dazzler, or Northern Monk Eternal, 125ml house wine, or selected soft drink) and snacks, followed by a procession of dishes served feast-style, working out at three dishes per person. There's plenty of Sprout Bhajis and Festive Curry to go around, as well as favourites from our standard menu including Okra Fries, Bhel Buri, Bundo Chaat, Gobi Manchurian, Vada Pav, Ragda Pethis, Massala Dosa, Egg Bhurji, Cole Saag, Paneer Tikka, Paneer Kadai, and Pav Bhaji.
Email Christmas@bundobust.com or speak to a member of the team at the bar for booking enquiries!
Each Bundobust venue donates £1 from the sale of every Bhaji Butty to selected charity partners which we change throughout the year to spread the love.
From November 1st - January 31st we're working with organisations in each city that tackle homelessness and promote and enable independent living.
In Leeds, we're working with Canopy Housing.
Canopy is a small organisation based in Harehills. We believe everyone deserves a safe home and the opportunity to find work.
Working alongside our volunteers, people at risk of homelessness transform empty, run-down properties into homes which they get to move into, for as long as they wish. This Self-Help is at the heart of what we do.
Volunteers and Self-Helpers get the chance to learn construction skills, build confidence, uplift the local community, and improve their chances of finding work all whilst helping eradicate homelessness.
To find out more please visit canopyhousing.org
in Manchester, we're working with Mustard Tree.
For 25 years Mustard Tree has been there for people in need. With your support they can be there to clothe, feed, house, reassure, comfort, hug when appropriate, listen, protect, and support. They explain, sign post, forgive and train people to learn new skills. They build confidence, celebrate success, help people find somewhere safe to live and secure a job. Ultimately they help people to feel hope again.By choosing the Bhaji Butty today, you are making a big difference to someone’s life by helping fund Mustard Tree to be there for those in need.To find out more please visit https://mustardtree.org.uk
an in Liverpool, we're working with The Whitechapel Centre.
"The Whitechapel Centre is a leading homeless and housing charity for the Liverpool region. We work with people who are sleeping rough, living in hostels or struggling to manage their accommodation. We are committed to helping people find and maintain a home and learn the life skills essential for independent living.
We provide hot meals, showers and laundry facilities. We manage high quality supported accommodation services at our family centres, shared accommodation and private rented bond scheme. We equip people with life skills needed to live independently. We do this every day of the year, 24 hours a day."
Look out for flyers on the table in each venue to find out more about the work they do and the impact your donations make!
Gourdness Gracious Me!
Following the popularity of last year's Pumpkin Samosa special, we're bringing them back again for Halloween weekend!
Pumpkin and peas spiced with garam massala, chilli and garlic, stuffed in a spinach and nigella seed pastry. Served with a spicy tomato, ginger, and red pepper sauce. (v) £4.50
Available at all venues until Sunday 3rd November.
T-SHIRTS · POSTERS · TEA TOWELS · BOTTLE OPENERS · BAGS
CLICK HERE TO BUY
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 21:30
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 22:00
Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
Mon - Thu: 23:00
Fri - Sat: 00:00
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
FOR ALL THINGS BUNDOBUST
We send out a monthly newsletter of all our latest offers, upcoming events and anything we want to shout about. Sign up to keep in the loop.
Just fill in the form and keep up to date with all the Bundo-chaat.
We keep most of our restaurant free for walk-ins, but limited bookings are reserved for groups of 4-20.
We are situated in a basement with 12 steps leading down to our restaurant from street level. Unfortunately we are not wheelchair accessible.