INDIAN STREET FOOD & CRAFT BEER
Bradford’s craft beer bar The Sparrow and Indian restaurant Prashad unite.
After a host of pop-ups and kitchen takeovers, Bundobust found bricks and mortar in July 2014 on one side of (then derelict) Mill Hill. We’ve been serving up the tastiest Indian grub and craft beers in Leeds ever since.
Bundobust is inspired by the vibrant and varied street foods of India, especially from our spiritual home of Gujurat. We serve up dishes with our own modern twist, and offer a roster of the most exciting craft beers from both local and international breweries to drink alongside.
Since opening, we’ve been recommended in the 2017 Michelin Guide, featured in Time Out’s top 10 UK Indian Restaurants and been included in The Sunday Times’ Top 25 Vegetarian Restaurants, amongst plenty of other accolades.
- OKRA FRIES (v, gF)Fried lady’s fingers coated in chickpea batter. Seasoned with black salt & mango powder.£3.50
- ONION GOBI BHAJI BHAJI (v, gF)The ultimate bhaji. Onion, cauliflower & spinach bhajis. Served with a tamarind & red pepper chutney£4.00
- BHEL PURI (v)Samosa pastry, puffed rice, turmeric noodles, red onion, tomato & tamarind chutney. Served cold.£4.50
- BUNDO CHAATSamosa pastry, chickpeas, potato, tamarind chutney, onion, yoghurt & turmeric noodles. Served cold.£4.50
- BIRYANI BHAJI BALLS (v, gF)Arancini meets biryani. Fried rolled rice flavoured with whole spices & rose. Served in a richly spiced tomato sauce.£5.00
- IDLI SAMBHAR (gF, *)Lentil soup with aubergine & bottle gourd. Served with steamed rice dumplings. Can be served vegan.£5.00
- PUNJABI KADHI (gF)Warm yoghurt soup cooked with onions, coriander seeds & ginger. Served with gobi bhaji dumplings.£5.00
- VADA PAV (e)Mumbai’s favourite burger. A fried spicy mashed potato ball coated in gram flour. Served in a brioche bun with red & green chutney & hot green chillies.£5.00
- MASSALA DOSA (gF, *)Mini rice crepe filled with a potato & onion dry fry. Served with lentil soup & coconut chutney. Can be served vegan.£6.00
- PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA (gF)Paneer, mushrooms & peppers marinated in yoghurt curd & our tikka massala. Barbecued & served with a red pepper ketchup & a spinach chutney.£6.00
- EGG BHURJI (e)Indian scrambled egg cooked with peppers, chilli, cumin & ground coriander. Served with a soft Indian flatbread.£6.00
- TARKA DHAL & RICE (v, gF)Classic mixed lentil curry cooked with an oil tempered with cumin, garlic & chilli. Served on basmati rice.£6.00
- CHOLE BHATURA (*)Chickpeas cooked in a rich onion & tomato sauce. Served with a soft Indian flatbread.£6.00
- SAMBHAR (v, gF)Lentil soup with aubergine & bottle gourd.£3.50
- KACHUMBER SAMBHARO (v, gF)Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy mustard seed & lemon dressing.£3.00
- SAUCE TRIO (gF)Yoghurt & cumin, desi ketchup, tamarind & date.£1.50
- RICE (v, gF)Basmati.£1.50
- IDLI (v, gF)Steamed rice dumplings.£1.50
- BHATURASoft indian flatbread.£1.00
- KULFI ICE (gF)Indian ice cream on a stick. Ask for today’s flavour£2.50
- COMBO FOR 2Bundo chaat + Onion Gobi Bhaji Bhaji + Paneer & Mushroom Tikka + Tarka Dhal + Massala Dosa£25.00
- COMBO FOR 4Kachumber Sambharo + Popcorn & Pops + Okra Fries + Onion Gobi Bhaji Bhaji + Bundo Chaat + Biryani Bhaji Balls + Vada Pav + Massala Dosa + Egg Bhurji + Chole Bhatura£39.50
- COMBO FOR 6EVERY DISH ON THE MENU! *Excludes Additionals & Sweet. Includes Kachumber Sambharo£66.00
- FAR FAR (v)Savoury rice puffs with a dusting of our spice blend.£2.50
- SPICY NUTS (v, gF)Cashews, peanuts, almonds, peas & lentils tossed in our own savoury spice mix.£3.00
- POPCORN & POPS (v, gF)Popcorn & mini popadoms tossed in green chilli & garlic oil.£3.00
2 DISHES FOR £7
MON - FRI, 12noon - 4PM
- BOMBAY DAZZLER4.8% (keg)£4.80
- CAMDEN PALE4% (keg)£4.50
- BERLINER PILSNER5% (keg)£4.50
- SCHNEIDER WEISSE TAP 15.2% (keg)£5.00
- KIRKSTALL THREE SWORDS4.5% (cask)£3.40
- MARBLE PINT3.9% (cask)£3.60
- JUICY BHANGRA4.8% (keg)£6.00
- PROSECCO DOCG, BORTOLIN ANGELO (v)ItalyLight fresh fizz with soft fruit & acidity£5.00 / £25.00
- PRIME CUTS, WHITE BLEND (v)South AfricaFresh, fruity, crisp & lively.£17.00
- GEWURTZTRAMINER, LOS GANSOS (v)ChileLychee, white peach & apricot. Balanced & complex.£4.60 / £6.50 / £19.00
- CHARDONNAY, THE GOOGLY, ONE CHAINAustraliaFresh, bright & easy drinking. A modern Chardonnay.£5.50 / £7.50 / £21.00
- VIOGNIER, VIENTO ALISEO (v)SpainFloral aromas on the nose & palate. Perfect with spicy food.£6.00 / £8.00 / £23.00
- PINOT GRIS, MWC (v)AustraliaComplex, textural & slightly savoury with aromatic nuances of pears, lychees & spice.£25.00
- PRIME CUTS, RED BLEND (v)South AfricaBright & juicy with lots of red fruit£17.00
- CABERNET FRANK, NO 2 THE AVIARY (v)USAA smooth, medium bodied easy drinking wine. Leafy tones.£4.60 / £6.50 / £19.00
- PINOT NOIR, CALUSARI (v)RomaniaTobacco & black cherry on the nose. Juicy berries on the finish.£5.50 / £7.50 / £21.00
- MALBEC, PABLO Y WALTER (v)ArgentinaBright red & juicy, rich chocolate flavours with a lick of oak.£6.00 / £8.00 / £23.00
- AGLIANICO, ERA (v)ItalyBrambly fruit & a faintly jammy nose finished with candied summer fruits.£25.00
- PINOT NOIR ROSE, CROIX D’OR (v)FranceSoft and fragrant with summer pudding aromas & a fresh acidity.£5.00 / £7.00 / £20.00
- LYCHEE BELLINIProsecco & lychee liqueur£6.00
- MANGO & ROSE WATER BRAMBLEPortobello gin, mango, rosewater & lemon juice.£6.50
- MUMBAI MULEFinlandia vodka, homemade spice syrup, fresh lime & ginger beer.£6.50
- DHARU LASSIGoslings rum shaken with spiced syrup & our own mango lassi.£6.50
- COCONUT & MANGO MOJITOKoko Kanu rum, mango syrup, lime juice & fresh mint. Tropical!£6.50
- GINGER AMARETTO SOURDisaronno, ginger liquor, lemon juice, bitters & egg white.£6.50
- POMEGRANATE DAIQUIRIAppleton’s white rum, pomegranate juice, fresh lime & sugar syrup£6.50
- RED SNAPPERPickering’s 1947 Bombay gin, tomato juice, Henderson’s relish, our chef’s special hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, celery salt & black pepper.£7.00
- WHISKEY RAITABuffalo Trace bourbon muddled with cucumber & mint. Lemon, sugar syrup & egg white.£7.00
- PAPER PLANEWoodford Reserve bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro & fresh lemon juice£8.00
- CINNAMON OLD FASHIONEDWoodford Reserve bourbon, cinnamon syrup & orange bitters.£8.00
- NEGRONIPickering’s 1947 Bombay gin, Campari & Cocchi Torino vermouth.£8.00
- NIMBU PANI(Non-alcoholic)Indian lemonade flavoured with cumin & salt£3.00
- MANGO LOPEZ(Non-alcoholic)A refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut & lime.£4.00
- POMEGRANATE & ORANGE SODA(Non-alcoholic)Muddled with lime, mint & sugar syrup.£4.00
- VIRGIN MARY(Non-alcoholic)Done the Bundo way.£4.00
- MANGO LASSIYoghurt drink.£2.70
- SODA POPCoke, Diet Coke or Sprite. Thums Up. India’s finest cola.£2.25 / £2.50
- FENTIMANSGinger Beer, Rose Lemonade or Victorian Lemonade.£2.40
- JUICEOrange, Apple, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple or Cranberry.£2.20
- WATERHarrogate Spa. Still or sparkling.£1.25
- TEAAsk for today’s loose leaf selection.£2.00
- HOUSE CHAIWarming Indian hot drink. Made with boiled milk, ginger, massala & sugar.£2.00
- BAILEYS CHAIOur house chai with added baileys.£4.00
- BOURBON CHAIOur house chai with added Buffalo Trace bourbon.£4.50
- COGNAC CHAIOur house chai with added Martel VS cognac.£5.00
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BEERS
Join us for our 3rd birhday celebrations! We've got some pretty cool stuff lined up...................
** Mini NORTHERN MONK BREW Co. Tap Takeover including the latest Patrons Project releases. **
** Brand new birthday specials. **
** Daily Bundobust x Northern Monk Goody Bags filled with beer & other delights for the first 30 people who buy a pint of BOMBAY DAZZLER. **
We'd like to thank all our wonderful customers & the independent Leeds food & drink community! We hope you can make it.
Join us for the first pour of 'Juicy Bhangra', our new house pale ale, that we brewed at Copehnhagen's Dry & Bitter. Søren from the brewery will be in the house buying pints for the first 50 people through the door.
Also pouring will be Compassion, a collaboration IPA between Cloudwater & Dry & Bitter that was brewed for Hops Not Hate. We will be donating all proceeds from the sale of this beer to charity.
We hope to see you there!
“Fourpure's Juicebox 500 UK tour is coming to Leeds!
This June Fourpure Brewing Co. are on tour with suitcases full of Juicebox with the aim to party in the best bars in some of the best cities in the UK! Running from 14/06 - 24/06, Fourpure will be hitting Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Brighton and London in that order.
But none of that matters because the only one you need to know about is LEEDS!
Join us on Friday 16th June from 5pm for ALL THE JUICEBOX complete with a delicious entourage incluging Indy Lager, Shape Shifter and Deucebox! And nothing goes better with a delicious, fruity, citrus IPA like our food. Introducing: The Bundobox. For one night only grab a Vada Pav, Okra Fries and a glass of Juicebox for just £8! Bargain.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE
The first 50 people to the bar get a FREE PINT OF JUICEBOX! Yes, you heard right. The first 50 people to shout "get juiced!" over the bar get a complimentary pint of the juicest IPA around. This offer starts at 5pm.
We also love merch and we know you do to so Fourpure are bringing a metric shed load (scientific term) of Juicebox t-shirts, badges, sunglasses and so, so much more to give out in an hourly raffle. Raffle tickets are FREE - one ticket is issued with every purchase of a Fourpure beer. The first round will be called at 6pm.”
We’ve had an amazing month of press this June & had mentions in BBC Good Food magazine, olive magazine & The Week. In a snap shot, this is what they said:
“Bundobust’s bhel puri, tarka dhal, masala dosa & bhajis are all exceptional in their freshness, depth & adept spicing.”
BBC Good Food, Insider Leeds
“A bustling place that offers a casual dining experience with small plates & low prices.”
Olive Magazine, So Hot Right Now
"The street-food and craft-beer specialists keep things pleasingly simple, with an all-vegetarian offering of good-value small plates, making it impossible not to sample a selection."
The Week, Best Casual Indian Restaurants in London & The UK
T-SHIRTS · POSTERS · TEA TOWELS · BOTTLE OPENERS · BAGS
CLICK HERE TO BUY
6 Mill Hill
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 21:30
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 22:00
Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
Mon - Thu: 23:00
Fri - Sat: 00:00
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
FOR ALL THINGS BUNDOBUST
We send out a monthly newsletter of all our latest offers, upcoming events and anything we want to shout about. Sign up to keep in the loop.
Just fill in the form and keep up to date with all the Bundo-chaat.
We take bookings for groups of six or more people every day except Friday & Saturday evenings.
Smaller groups & those wanting to visit on a Friday or Saturday evening may have to wait a few minutes for a table. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org