INDIAN STREET FOOD & CRAFT BEER
Bradford’s craft beer bar The Sparrow and Indian restaurant Prashad unite.
After a host of pop-ups and kitchen takeovers, Bundobust found bricks and mortar in July 2014 on one side of (then derelict) Mill Hill. We’ve been serving up the tastiest Indian grub and craft beers in Leeds ever since.
Bundobust is inspired by the vibrant and varied street foods of India, especially from our spiritual home of Gujurat. We serve up dishes with our own modern twist, and offer a roster of the most exciting craft beers from both local and international breweries to drink alongside.
Since opening, we’ve has been recommended in the 2017 Michelin Guide, featured in Time Out’s top 10 UK Indian Restaurants and been included in The Sunday Times’ Top 25 Vegetarian Restaurants, amongst plenty of other accolades.
- OKRA FRIES (v, gF)Perfect with beer. Fried lady’s fingers coated in chickpea batter. Seasoned with black salt & mango powder.£4
- ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS (v, gF)The ultimate bhaji! Spiced with fennel & chilli. Served with a tamarind & red pepper chutney.£4.50
- BHEL PURI (v)A crisp & crunchy street food classic. Samosa pastry, puffed rice, peas, red onion & tomato tossed in tamarind chutney. Topped with pomegranate seeds.£4.50
- BUNDO CHAATA layered taste sensation of samosa pastry, chickpeas, potato, tamarind chutney, yoghurt, onion, turmeric noodles & chilli sauce.£4.75
- IDLI SAMBHAR (v, gF)A warming lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup. Served with steamed rice cakes & a mustard seed & curry leaf chutney.£5
- GOBI MUSHROOM MANCHURIAN (e)Mushroom & cauliflower pakoras slathered in an Indo-Chinese sauce.£5.5
- VADA PAV (e)Mumbai’s favourite burger. A deep-fried spicy mashed potato ball. Served in a brioche bun with red & green chutney.£5.50
- RAGHDA PETHIS (v, gF)India meets the North of England. Spicy mushy peas & potato cake. Topped with turmeric noodles, tomato, onion & tamarind chutney.£5.50
- MASSALA DOSA (v, gF)Mini rice pancakes filled with a cauliflower & potato dry fry. Served with a lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£6
- EGG BHURJI (e)Indian scrambled egg cooked with peppers, chilli, cumin & coriander. Served with a soft Indian flatbread£6
- TARKA DHAL & RICE (v, gF)A classic mixed lentil curry cooked with cumin, garlic & chilli. Served on basmati rice.£6
- CHOLE SAAG (v)Our spin on a traditional curry. Chickpea & spinach massala. Served with puri.£6.50
- PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA (gF)Skewers of barbecued paneer, mushrooms & peppers marinated in yoghurt curd & our tikka massala. Served with red pepper ketchup & spinach chutney.£6.50
- PANEER KADAIA staff curry favourite! Paneer cheese cooked in a deep cinnamon, fenugreek, red pepper & tomato sauce. Served with bhatura.£6.50
- PAV BHAJI (e)A street food original. Mashed up cauliflower, potato & peas. Flavoured with garam massala. Served with a spiced toasted brioche bun.£6.50
- SAMBHAR (v, gF)Lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£3.50
- KACHUMBER SAMBHARO (v, gF)Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy£3
- SAUCE TRIO (gF)Yoghurt & cumin, desi ketchup, tamarind & date.£1.50
- RICE (v, gF)Basmati£1.75
- IDLI (v, gF)Steamed rice cakes.£1.50
- BHATURADeep fried Indian flatbread fermented with yoghurt.£1.50
- PURI (v)Deep fried unleavened bread. Portion of 2.£2
- KULFI ICE (gF)Indian ice cream on a stick. Ask for today’s avour.£2.50
- COMBO FOR 2ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BUNDO CHAAT + PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA + TARKA DHAL + MASSALA DOSA£25.50
- VEGAN COMBO FOR 2OKRA FRIES + ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BHEL PURI + RAGDA PETHIS + MASSALA DOSA£22.50
- COMBO FOR 4KACHUMBER SAMBHARO + POPCORN & POPS + OKRA FRIES + ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BUNDO CHAAT + RAGHDA PETHIS + PANEER TIKKA + MASSALA DOSA + EGG BHURJI + CHOLE SAAG£44
- BUNDO COMBOEVERY DISH ON THE MENU! Feeds 6-8 people. *Excludes Additionals & Sweet. Includes Kachumber Sambharo.£82.50
- FAR FAR (v)Colourful rice puffs dusted with our special spice blend.£2.50
- SPICY NUTS (v, gF)Cashews, peanuts, almonds, peas & lentils tossed in our special spice blend.£3
- POPCORN & POPS (v, gF)Popcorn & mini popadoms drizzled with green chilli & garlic oil.£3
2 DISHES FOR £7.50
MON - FRI, 12noon - 4PM
- BOMBAY DAZZLERIndian Witbier - Bundobust x Northern Monk - 4.8% (keg)£4.80
- ETERNALSession IPA - Northern Monk - 4.1% (keg)£4.80
- VELTINSPilsener - 4.8% (keg)£4.50
- APERIETTA, PROSECCO SPUMANTE DOCItalyCrisp, fruity, citrus & peach notes.£5 / £25
- CA’ DI PONTI GRILLO, IGTSicilyA little known, peachy & vibrant wine.£4.50 / £6.20 / £18
- FALSE BAY, WILD YEAST CHENIN BLANCSouth AfricaAn exceptional Chenin Blanc. Tropical fruit flavours & a creamy lemon finish.£5 / £6.85 / £20
- WILLOWGLEN, GEWURZTRAMINER/RIESLINGAustraliaRose petal aromas with a hint of spice & fresh citrus. Sweet flavours of rosewater & a citrus freshness£5.40 / £7.60 / £22
- PARRA JIMINEZ, VERDEJOSpainClean ripe fruit with a floral note & pitch of spice.£5.85 / £8.35 / £24
- SEPP, GRÜNER VELTLINERAustriaWonderfully fruity with aromas & flavours of pear, kiwi, apricot & a little white spice.£6.70 / £9.50 / £28
- LE SENTIER, DANS LES VIGNESFranceA warming Rhône style red with rich spiced fruit aromas & ample round fruit on the palate.£4.55 / £6.20 / £18
- ADOBE, MERLOTChileA super, classically rounded, delicious Merlot.£5.50 / £7.60 / £22.50
- EL VIEJO DEL VALLE, PINOT NOIRChileA bright & complex wine with good berry fruit flavours.£5.60 / £7.80 / £22.75
- CROIX D’OR, PINOT NOIR ROSEFranceDry, aromatic with summer pudding berry flavours£5.60 / £7.80 / £22.75
- DESI 75Sipsmith’s sloe gin, lemon juice & cinnamon syrup topped with Prosecco.£7
- MANGO & ROSE WATER BRAMBLEPortobello Rd gin, mango, rosewater & lemon juice.£7
- COCONUT & MANGO MOJITOKoko Kanu rum, mango syrup, lime juice & fresh mint. Tropical!£7
- GINGER AMARETTO SOURDisaronno, ginger liquor, lemon juice, bitters & aquafaba.£7
- DIRTY LOPEZAppleton’s white rum shaken with mango, pineapple, coconut & lime.£7.25
- HIBISCUS GIMLETPortobello Rd gin, lime cordial & hibiscus tea.£7
- RED SNAPPEROphir gin, tomato juice, Henderson’s relish, our chef’s special hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, celery salt & black pepper.£7.50
- PAPER PLANEWoodford Reserve bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro & fresh lemon juice.£8.25
- RUM FASHIONEDWoodford Reserve bourbon, Pampero Golden Rum, spiced syrup & orange bitters.£8.25
- NEGRONISacred Cardamom Gin, Campari & Cocchi Torino vermouth.£8.25
- NIMBU PANI(Non-alcoholic)Indian lemonade flavoured with cumin and salt£3.25
- Mango Lopez(Non-alcoholic)A refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut & lime£4.25
- Bundo Crush(Non-alcoholic)Grapefruit & Cranberry juice, rosewater, topped with soda£3.25
- Kachumber Cooler(Non-alcoholic)Cucumber, mint & lime, topped with soda & cucumber gomme.£3.25
- MANGO LASSIYoghurt drink.£2.75
- SODA POPCoke, Diet Coke or Sprite. Thums Up. India’s finest cola.£2.40
- KARMA KOLA CO.Choose from Karma Cola, Lemony Lemonade or Gingerella. Ethical & Fairtrade.£3.25
- JUICEOrange, Apple, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple or Cranberry.£2.20
- WATERHarrogate Spa. Still or sparkling.£1.25
- TEAAsk for today’s loose leaf selection.£2
- HOUSE CHAIWarming Indian hot drink. Made with boiled milk, ginger, massala & sugar.£2.40
- BOOZEY CHAIOur house chai with added alcohol. BAILEYS BOURBON Buffalo Trace COGNAC Martel VS£4 / £5 / £5.50
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BEERS
With hopheads from all over the world descending on Leeds this Easter weekend for Hop City at Northern Monk Brewery, we’re thrilled to be part of the festival’s extended calendar of Fringe Events, hosting Berlin’s Fuerst Wiacek for a tap takeover on Wednesday 17th April.
Head Brewer and Owner Lukasz Wiacek will be in the house for all your meet & greet opportunities, and we’ll be pouring rare and exclusive beers from 5pm until they’re gone. This event is open to all - even if you haven’t got a wristband for any of the Hop City sessions.
We'll also be teaming up with Queens, NY's finest, Finback, for a tap takeover during Hop City. Keep an eye out on our Instagram later on this week for more details!
Dirty Okra Fries - Chips & Peas, Desi style. Okra fries served on raghda paths, topped with tomato, onion, and tamarind chutney (V,GF) - £5.50
Döneer Kebab - Grilled paneer and mushroom tikka skewer served in a warm bhatura, with salad, crispy onions, yoghurt and chilli sauce. - £5
Singh-er Tower Burger - Vada Pav doused in our chilli sauces served on a bhaji patty with coriander chutney. - £7.25
All three are available throughout April in Leeds and Manchester.
With Leeds Indie Food just over a month away, we’re excited to announce our calendar of events, collaborating with some of our favourite Leeds independents.
On Wednesday 15th May we’re winding back six years to the very birth of Bundo with Bundobust Origins. We’ll be picking up forty guests in the Bundobus and taking them to Prashad, where Mayur and Marko will be recreating the very first Prashad X Sparrow collaboration from 2013, with a menu of dishes inspired by the menu on that night and elevated Bundo dishes and specials, paired with an exclusive beer flight showcasing styles from the history of brewing, and some extra-special contemporary beers from our favourite brewers of the past 6 years. Tickets.
We’re going back even further on Monday 20th May, all the way to 1930s India when we’re turning Below Stairs into a Bombay Speakeasy, and recreating the journey of the Indian Railroad, and telling five distinct stories throughout Indian cultural history, distilled into a food and cocktail pairing. Tickets.
We’re also hosting Yorkshire Wine School and worldwide-renowned Cicerone Rich Higgs on Thursday 9th May, providing the food while they go head-to-head to showcase the food-pairing opportunities presented by both wine and beer. Tickets.
T-SHIRTS · POSTERS · TEA TOWELS · BOTTLE OPENERS · BAGS
CLICK HERE TO BUY
6 Mill Hill
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 21:30
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 22:00
Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
Mon - Thu: 23:00
Fri - Sat: 00:00
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
FOR ALL THINGS BUNDOBUST
We send out a monthly newsletter of all our latest offers, upcoming events and anything we want to shout about. Sign up to keep in the loop.
Just fill in the form and keep up to date with all the Bundo-chaat.
Please connect a business account on the Instagram Feed settings page in order to display hashtag feeds
Please see this post for more information.
Due to changes in Instagram's API, feeds can no longer filter out posts based on the user who posted them.
Try using a different moderation system for this feed.
We take bookings for groups of six or more people every day except Friday evening & Saturday.
Smaller groups & those wanting to visit on a Friday evening or Saturday may have to wait for a table. Table waits can be up to 30 minutes at busy times. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we have had disabled customers happily dine with us in the past, we are not 100% accessible. There is a small step from street level to the lower level of the restaurant, a further 3 steps to the main bar area and a single step leading to an ambulant disabled toilet. We are happy to offer table service for those who need it, & there is a full disabled toilet at Tapped, a bar over the road, that our customers may use.