INDIAN STREET FOOD & CRAFT BEER
Bradford’s craft beer bar The Sparrow and Indian restaurant Prashad unite.
After a host of pop-ups and kitchen takeovers, Bundobust found bricks and mortar in July 2014 on one side of (then derelict) Mill Hill. We’ve been serving up the tastiest Indian grub and craft beers in Leeds ever since.
Bundobust is inspired by the vibrant and varied street foods of India, especially from our spiritual home of Gujurat. We serve up dishes with our own modern twist, and offer a roster of the most exciting craft beers from both local and international breweries to drink alongside.
Since opening, we’ve has been recommended in the 2017 Michelin Guide, featured in Time Out’s top 10 UK Indian Restaurants and been included in The Sunday Times’ Top 25 Vegetarian Restaurants, amongst plenty of other accolades.
- OKRA FRIES (v, gF)Perfect with beer. Fried lady’s fingers coated in chickpea batter. Seasoned with black salt & mango powder.£4
- ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS (v, gF)The ultimate bhaji! Spiced with fennel & chilli. Served with a tamarind & red pepper chutney.£4.50
- BHEL PURI (v)A crisp & crunchy street food classic. Samosa pastry, puffed rice, peas, red onion & tomato tossed in tamarind chutney. Topped with pomegranate seeds.£4.50
- BUNDO CHAATA layered taste sensation of samosa pastry, chickpeas, potato, tamarind chutney, yoghurt, onion, turmeric noodles & chilli sauce.£4.75
- IDLI SAMBHAR (v, gF)A warming lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup. Served with steamed rice cakes & a mustard seed & curry leaf chutney.£5
- GOBI MUSHROOM MANCHURIAN (e)Mushroom & cauliflower pakoras slathered in an Indo-Chinese sauce.£5.5
- VADA PAV (e)Mumbai’s favourite burger. A deep-fried spicy mashed potato ball. Served in a brioche bun with red & green chutney.£5.50
- RAGHDA PETHIS (v, gF)India meets the North of England. Spicy mushy peas & potato cake. Topped with turmeric noodles, tomato, onion & tamarind chutney.£5.50
- MASSALA DOSA (v, gF)Mini rice pancakes filled with a cauliflower & potato dry fry. Served with a lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£6
- EGG BHURJI (e)Indian scrambled egg cooked with peppers, chilli, cumin & coriander. Served with a soft Indian flatbread£6
- TARKA DHAL & RICE (v, gF)A classic mixed lentil curry cooked with cumin, garlic & chilli. Served on basmati rice.£6
- CHOLE SAAG (v)Our spin on a traditional curry. Chickpea & spinach massala. Served with puri.£6.50
- PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA (gF)Skewers of barbecued paneer, mushrooms & peppers marinated in yoghurt curd & our tikka massala. Served with red pepper ketchup & spinach chutney.£6.50
- PANEER KADAIA staff curry favourite! Paneer cheese cooked in a deep cinnamon, fenugreek, red pepper & tomato sauce. Served with bhatura.£6.50
- PAV BHAJI (e)A street food original. Mashed up cauliflower, potato & peas. Flavoured with garam massala. Served with a spiced toasted brioche bun.£6.50
- SAMBHAR (v, gF)Lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£3.50
- KACHUMBER SAMBHARO (v, gF)Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy£3
- SAUCE TRIO (gF)Yoghurt & cumin, desi ketchup, tamarind & date.£1.50
- RICE (v, gF)Basmati£1.75
- IDLI (v, gF)Steamed rice cakes.£1.50
- BHATURADeep fried Indian flatbread fermented with yoghurt.£1.50
- PURI (v)Deep fried unleavened bread. Portion of 2.£2
- KULFI ICE (gF)Indian ice cream on a stick. Ask for today’s avour.£2.50
- COMBO FOR 2ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BUNDO CHAAT + PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA + TARKA DHAL + MASSALA DOSA£25.50
- VEGAN COMBO FOR 2OKRA FRIES + ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BHEL PURI + RAGDA PETHIS + MASSALA DOSA£22.50
- COMBO FOR 4KACHUMBER SAMBHARO + POPCORN & POPS + OKRA FRIES + ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BUNDO CHAAT + RAGHDA PETHIS + PANEER TIKKA + MASSALA DOSA + EGG BHURJI + CHOLE SAAG£44
- BUNDO COMBOEVERY DISH ON THE MENU! Feeds 6-8 people. *Excludes Additionals & Sweet. Includes Kachumber Sambharo.£82.50
- FAR FAR (v)Colourful rice puffs dusted with our special spice blend.£2.50
- SPICY NUTS (v, gF)Cashews, peanuts, almonds, peas & lentils tossed in our special spice blend.£3
- POPCORN & POPS (v, gF)Popcorn & mini popadoms drizzled with green chilli & garlic oil.£3
2 DISHES FOR £7.50
MON - FRI, 12noon - 4PM
- BOMBAY DAZZLERIndian Witbier - Bundobust x Northern Monk - 4.8% (keg)£4.80
- Juicy BhangraPale Ale - Bundobust x Dry & Bitter - 4.8% (keg)£6
- ETERNALSession IPA - Northern Monk - 4.1% (keg)£4.50
- VELTINSPilsener - 4.8% (keg)£4.20
- TAP 1 MEINE HELLE WEISSEWheat Beer 5.2% (keg)£5
- APERIETTA, PROSECCO SPUMANTE DOCItalyCrisp, fruity, citrus & peach notes.£5 / £25
- CA’ DI PONTI GRILLO, IGTSicilyA little known, peachy & vibrant wine.£4.55 / £6.20 / £17.50
- FALSE BAY, WILD YEAST CHENIN BLANCSouth AfricaAn exceptional Chenin Blanc. Tropical fruit flavours & a creamy lemon finish.£5 / £6.85 / £19.50
- WILLOWGLEN, GEWURZTRAMINER/RIESLINGAustraliaRose petal aromas with a hint of spice & fresh citrus. Sweet flavours of rosewater & a citrus freshness£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- PARRA JIMINEZ, VERDEJOSpainClean ripe fruit with a floral note & pitch of spice.£5.60 / £8.35 / £24
- SEPP, GRÜNER VELTLINERAustriaWonderfully fruity with aromas & flavours of pear, kiwi, apricot & a little white spice.£6.10 / £8.85 / £25.50
- CIVITAS PECORINO, LUNARIAItalySoft with aromas of citrus, ripe pear, peach & orange blossom.£27
- LE SENTIER, DANS LES VIGNESFranceA warming Rhône style red with rich spiced fruit aromas & ample round fruit on the palate.£4.55 / £6.20 / £17.50
- ADOBE, MERLOTChileA super, classically rounded, delicious Merlot.£5 / £6.85 / £19.50
- EL VIEJO DEL VALLE, PINOT NOIRChileA bright & complex wine with good berry fruit flavours.£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- LA BOHEME ACT IV, SYRAH/GAMAYAustraliaDeep red with a purple edge. Gently aromatic nose of red fruits & dry herb with some earthy, minerally complexity£25.50
- CROIX D’OR, PINOT NOIR ROSEFranceDry, aromatic with summer pudding berry flavours£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- DESI 75Sipsmith’s sloe gin, lemon juice & cinnamon syrup topped with Prosecco.£6
- MANGO & ROSE WATER BRAMBLEPortobello Rd gin, mango, rosewater & lemon juice.£6.50
- COCONUT & MANGO MOJITOKoko Kanu rum, mango syrup, lime juice & fresh mint. Tropical!£6.50
- GINGER AMARETTO SOURDisaronno, ginger liquor, lemon juice, bitters & aquafaba.£6.50
- DIRTY LOPEZAppleton’s white rum shaken with mango, pineapple, coconut & lime.£6.50
- HIBISCUS GIMLETPortobello Rd gin, lime cordial & hibiscus tea.£6.50
- RED SNAPPEROphir gin, tomato juice, Henderson’s relish, our chef’s special hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, celery salt & black pepper.£7
- WHISKEY RAITABuffalo Trace bourbon infused with cucumber & mint. Lemon, sugar syrup & aquafaba.£7
- PAPER PLANEWoodford Reserve bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro & fresh lemon juice.£8
- RE-FASHIONEDWoodford Reserve bourbon, Pampero Golden Rum, spiced syrup & orange bitters.£8
- NEGRONISacred Cardamom Gin, Campari & Cocchi Torino vermouth.£8
- NIMBU PANI(Non-alcoholic)Indian lemonade flavoured with cumin and salt£3
- Mango Lopez(Non-alcoholic)A refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut & lime£4
- MANGO LASSIYoghurt drink.£2.70
- SODA POPCoke, Diet Coke or Sprite. Thums Up. India’s finest cola.£2.25 / £2.50
- KARMA KOLA CO.Choose from Karma Cola, Lemony Lemonade or Gingerella. Ethical & Fairtrade.£2.40
- JUICEOrange, Apple, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple or Cranberry.£2.20
- WATERHarrogate Spa. Still or sparkling.£1.25
- TEAAsk for today’s loose leaf selection.£2
- HOUSE CHAIWarming Indian hot drink. Made with boiled milk, ginger, massala & sugar.£2.20
- BOOZEY CHAIOur house chai with added alcohol. BAILEYS BOURBON Buffalo Trace COGNAC Martel VS£4 / £4.50 / £5
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BEERS
Sprout Bhajis, Festive Beers, Christmas closures, and more...
We're ringing in the official start to the festive season this Saturday (1st December) our Sprout Bhajis and Christmas menu. Tis the season to be spicy!
The vegan Bhajis, made from sprout with onion, and broccoli, are spiced with fennel, caraway seeds, and chilli, and served with a desi-style cranberry chutney.
We'll also be serving a vegan Festive Curry of winter vegetables in a warming cinnamon and star anise-spiced tomato and coconut curry sauce, a Cinnamon and Belgian Biscuit ice-cream from local all-natural ice-cream makers Northern Bloc, and a range of Christmas beers from the likes of Mikkeller, Anchor, Northern Monk, alongside classic Belgian winter warmers.
Bundobust bar staff have come up with their own festive cocktails - The Grinch; green chilli and coriander-spiced daiquiri, and Stollen Christmas; cognac, cherry liqueur, amaretto, cranberry, and clove creating a liquid Christmas cake.
All Christmas specials are available in Leeds and Manchester from December 1st until December 23rd.
We'll be open for all of your Festive get-togethers up until December 23rd, and then our teams will be taking a hard-earned break over the Christmas and New Year period, our full opening hours are:
- Christmas Eve: Closed
- Christmas Day: Closed
- Boxing Day: Closed
- Thursday 27th: 12 noon - 11pm
- Friday 28th: 12 noon - 12 midnight
- Saturday 29th: 12 noon - 12 midnight
- Sunday 30th: 12 noon - 10pm
- New Years Eve: Closed
- Tuesday 1st - Sunday 6th: Closed
- Monday 7th: Normal opening hours.
Full Christmas Menu
Sprout Bhajis (v, gf) £4.50 - Onion, broccoli, and sprout bhajis spiced with fennel, caraway seeds, and chilli. Served with a cranberry chutney.
Festive Curry (v, gf) £7.00- Winter veggies including parsnips, French beans, and swede cooked in a warming tomato and coconut sauce, spiced with cinnamon, star anise and curry leaves. Served with onion and jeera rice.
Cinnamon and Belgian biscuit ice cream (gf) £4 - Made by Northern Bloc with all-natural ingredients. Topped with pistachio and cardamom.
The Grinch £7.50 - Green chilli and coriander daiquiri with Appleton’s rum: Green, and not particularly Christmassy…
Stollen Christmas £7.50 - Liquid Christmas cake, combining Martel cognac, cherry liqueur and amaretto with cranberry, orange, and clove.
We went and made a cider with Hogan's, a proudly independent, award-winning cider & Perry maker based in Warwickshire. We've been stocking their ciders for a while now, so we though it was about time to make one together. Our Chai Spiced Cider, tastes exactly like you would expect with hints of clove & ginger. It will be on the taps over the summer months. Come down to launch on Friday 22nd June at 5pm for the chance of getting a FREE pint.
Leeds Indie Food is here again (10th-28th May), and we could not BE more pumped. Seriously. SO excited.
As per, we’ve gone all out on the collaborations front, We've been working alongside our sister restaurant Prashad to bring some twists of their dishes.
Coconut Pethis (v)
This is a Prashad favourite, and our Gujurati sibling definitely doesn’t pull the punches when it comes to flavour. These fresh coconut, garlic and coriander balls are all wrapped in a soft potato crust, and served with red pepper and tamarind chutney.
Hara Bara Kebab
Two spiced Hara Bara pea and cauliflower patties are served in a brioche bun, with turmeric and dill-pickled onions, cumin yoghurt, and red and green chutneys.
This is a rose-flavoured milk drink with basil seeds, noodles and a scoop of Northern Bloc Hazelnut & Tonka Bean ice cream. Topped with almonds and pistachios, this is pretty much the dessert dream.
This month’s specials in Manchester and Leeds will put a bit of much needed spice in your step to power you through that drizzle.
First off, we’ve got Sabudana Fritters (£4, v, gf) - these vadas, made of crispy tapioca, potato and lentils, are served up with spinach and coriander chutney.
Next up - Rengan Shak (£6.50, v). This traditional festival food is an aubergine, potato and pea curry, cooked with our house blend garam massala, as well as mustard seed and ginger. It’s all served up with soft, soft puri.
To whet your whistle, we’ve got the Phul Fling (£7), a Desi take on aviation, blending Portobello Road Gin, Kwai Fei lychee liqueur, lemon juice, aquafaba and gomme. Cheers!
T-SHIRTS · POSTERS · TEA TOWELS · BOTTLE OPENERS · BAGS
CLICK HERE TO BUY
6 Mill Hill
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 21:30
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 22:00
Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
Mon - Thu: 23:00
Fri - Sat: 00:00
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
FOR ALL THINGS BUNDOBUST
We send out a monthly newsletter of all our latest offers, upcoming events and anything we want to shout about. Sign up to keep in the loop.
Just fill in the form and keep up to date with all the Bundo-chaat.
Please connect a business account on the Instagram Feed settings page in order to display hashtag feeds
Please see this post for more information.
Due to changes in Instagram's API, feeds can no longer filter out posts based on the user who posted them.
Try using a different moderation system for this feed.
We take bookings for groups of six or more people every day except Friday evening & Saturday.
Smaller groups & those wanting to visit on a Friday evening or Saturday may have to wait for a table. Table waits can be up to 30 minutes at busy times. Please email email@example.com
Although we have had disabled customers happily dine with us in the past, we are not 100% accessible. There is a small step from street level to the lower level of the restaurant, a further 3 steps to the main bar area and a single step leading to an ambulant disabled toilet. We are happy to offer table service for those who need it, & there is a full disabled toilet at Tapped, a bar over the road, that our customers may use.