TOO MUCH SPICY
INDIAN STREET FOOD & CRAFT BEER
December 2016 saw Leeds’ critically acclaimed ‘beer & Indian’ joint open its doors in Manchester. In a basement on Piccadilly, Bundobust is a stone’s throw from the city’s independent Northern Quarter. We’ve brought our award-winning recipe for success over the Pennines, and are quickly ranking as one of the city’s best casual dining restaurants.
What we do is simple – Gujurat-inspired street food and the world’s best craft beer, from both local and international breweries.
Jay Rayner, the Observer’s food critic, reviewed the restaurant just months after opening, and we think he puts it best: “vibrant Indian street food served with craft beer in a friendly communal space…Why has no one done this before?”
- OKRA FRIES (v, gF)Perfect with beer. Fried lady’s fingers coated in chickpea batter. Seasoned with black salt & mango powder.£3.75
- ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS (v, gF)The ultimate bhaji! Spiced with fennel & chilli. Served with a tamarind & red pepper chutney.£4
- BHEL PURI (v)A crisp & crunchy street food classic. Samosa pastry, puffed rice, peas, red onion & tomato tossed in tamarind chutney. Topped with pomegranate seeds.£4.50
- BUNDO CHAATA layered taste sensation of samosa pastry, chickpeas, potato, tamarind chutney, yoghurt, onion, turmeric noodles & chilli sauce.£4.50
- IDLI SAMBHAR (v, gF)A warming lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup. Served with steamed rice dumplings & a mustard seed & curry leaf chutney.£5
- VADA PAV (e)Mumbai’s favourite burger. A deep-fried spicy mashed potato ball. Served in a brioche bun with red & green chutney.£5
- RAGHDA PETHIS (v, gF)India meets the North of England. Spicy mushy peas & potato cake. Topped with turmeric noodles, tomato, onion & tamarind chutney.£5
- MASSALA DOSA (v, gF)Mini rice pancakes filled with a cauliflower & potato dry fry. Served with a lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£6
- EGG BHURJI (e)Indian scrambled egg cooked with peppers, chilli, cumin & coriander. Served with a soft Indian flatbread£6
- TARKA DHAL & RICE (v, gF)A classic mixed lentil curry cooked with cumin, garlic & chilli. Served on basmati rice.£6
- CHOLE SAAG (v)Our spin on a traditional curry. Chickpea & spinach massala. Served with puri.£6.25
- PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA (gF)Barbecued paneer, mushrooms & peppers marinated in yoghurt curd & our tikka massala. Served with red pepper ketchup & spinach chutney.£6.25
- PANEER KADAIA staff curry favourite! Paneer cheese cooked in a deep cinnamon, fenugreek, red pepper & tomato sauce. Served with bhatura.£6.50
- PAV BHAJI (e)A street food original. Mashed up cauliflower, potato & peas. Flavoured with garam massala. Served with a spiced toasted brioche bun.£6.50
- SAMBHAR (v, gF)Lentil, aubergine & bottle gourd soup.£3.50
- KACHUMBER SAMBHARO (v, gF)Bitter leaves, cucumber, red cabbage, zingy£3
- SAUCE TRIO (gF)Yoghurt & cumin, desi ketchup, tamarind & date.£1.50
- RICE (v, gF)Basmati£1.50
- IDLI (v, gF)Steamed rice dumplings.£1.50
- BHATURADeep fried Indian flatbread fermented with yoghurt.£1
- PURI (v)Deep fried unleavened bread. Portion of 2.£2
- KULFI ICE (gF)Indian ice cream on a stick. Ask for today’s avour.£2.50
- COMBO FOR 2ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BUNDO CHAAT + PANEER & MUSHROOM TIKKA + TARKA DHAL + MASSALA DOSA£25
- VEGAN COMBO FOR 2OKRA FRIES + ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BHEL PURI + RAGDA PETHIS + MASSALA DOSA£22
- COMBO FOR 4KACHUMBER SAMBHARO + POPCORN & POPS + OKRA FRIES + ONION, BROCCOLI & KALE BHAJIS + BUNDO CHAAT + RAGHDA PETHIS + PANEER TIKKA + MASSALA DOSA + EGG BHURJI + CHOLE SAAG£42
- BUNDO COMBOEVERY DISH ON THE MENU! Feeds 6-8 people. *Excludes Additionals & Sweet. Includes Kachumber Sambharo.£80
- FAR FAR (v)Colourful rice puffs dusted with our special spice blend.£2.50
- SPICY NUTS (v, gF)Cashews, peanuts, almonds, peas & lentils tossed in our special spice blend.£3
- POPCORN & POPS (v, gF)Popcorn & mini popadoms drizzled with green chilli & garlic oil.£3
2 DISHES FOR £7
MON - FRI, 12noon - 4PM
- BOMBAY DAZZLERIndian Witbier - Bundobust x Northern Monk - 4.8% (keg)£4.80
- Juicy BhangraPale Ale - Bundobust x Dry & Bitter - 4.8% (keg)£6
- ETERNALSession IPA - Northern Monk - 4.1% (keg)£4.50
- VELTINSPilsener - 4.8% (keg)£4.20
- TAP 1 MEINE HELLE WEISSEWheat Beer 5.2% (keg)£5
- APERIETTA, PROSECCO SPUMANTE DOCItalyCrisp, fruity, citrus & peach notes.£5 / £25
- CA’ DI PONTI GRILLO, IGTSicilyA little known, peachy & vibrant wine.£4.55 / £6.20 / £17.50
- FALSE BAY, WILD YEAST CHENIN BLANCSouth AfricaAn exceptional Chenin Blanc. Tropical fruit flavours & a creamy lemon finish.£5 / £6.85 / £19.50
- WILLOWGLEN, GEWURZTRAMINER/RIESLINGAustraliaRose petal aromas with a hint of spice & fresh citrus. Sweet flavours of rosewater & a citrus freshness£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- PARRA JIMINEZ, VERDEJOSpainClean ripe fruit with a floral note & pitch of spice.£5.60 / £8.35 / £24
- SEPP, GRÜNER VELTLINERAustriaWonderfully fruity with aromas & flavours of pear, kiwi, apricot & a little white spice.£6.10 / £8.85 / £25.50
- CIVITAS PECORINO, LUNARIAItalySoft with aromas of citrus, ripe pear, peach & orange blossom.£27
- LE SENTIER, DANS LES VIGNESFranceA warming Rhône style red with rich spiced fruit aromas & ample round fruit on the palate.£4.55 / £6.20 / £17.50
- ADOBE, MERLOTChileA super, classically rounded, delicious Merlot.£5 / £6.85 / £19.50
- EL VIEJO DEL VALLE, PINOT NOIRChileA bright & complex wine with good berry fruit flavours.£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- LA BOHEME ACT IV, SYRAH/GAMAYAustraliaDeep red with a purple edge. Gently aromatic nose of red fruits & dry herb with some earthy, minerally complexity£25.50
- CROIX D’OR, PINOT NOIR ROSEFranceDry, aromatic with summer pudding berry flavours£5.60 / £7.70 / £22
- DESI 75Sipsmith’s sloe gin, lemon juice & cinnamon syrup topped with Prosecco.£6
- MANGO & ROSE WATER BRAMBLEPortobello Rd gin, mango, rosewater & lemon juice.£6.50
- COCONUT & MANGO MOJITOKoko Kanu rum, mango syrup, lime juice & fresh mint. Tropical!£6.50
- GINGER AMARETTO SOURDisaronno, ginger liquor, lemon juice, bitters & aquafaba.£6.50
- DIRTY LOPEZAppleton’s white rum shaken with mango, pineapple, coconut & lime.£6.50
- HIBISCUS GIMLETPortobello Rd gin, lime cordial & hibiscus tea.£6.50
- RED SNAPPEROphir gin, tomato juice, Henderson’s relish, our chef’s special hot sauce, fresh lemon juice, celery salt & black pepper.£7
- WHISKEY RAITABuffalo Trace bourbon infused with cucumber & mint. Lemon, sugar syrup & aquafaba.£7
- PAPER PLANEWoodford Reserve bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Montenegro & fresh lemon juice.£8
- RE-FASHIONEDWoodford Reserve bourbon, Pampero Golden Rum, spiced syrup & orange bitters.£8
- NEGRONISacred Cardamom Gin, Campari & Cocchi Torino vermouth.£8
- NIMBU PANI(Non-alcoholic)Indian lemonade flavoured with cumin and salt£3
- Mango Lopez(Non-alcoholic)A refreshing blend of mango, pineapple, coconut & lime£4
- MANGO LASSIYoghurt drink.£2.70
- SODA POPCoke, Diet Coke or Sprite. Thums Up. India’s finest cola.£2.25 / £2.50
- KARMA KOLA CO.Choose from Karma Cola, Lemony Lemonade or Gingerella. Ethical & Fairtrade.£2.40
- JUICEOrange, Apple, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Pineapple or Cranberry.£2.20
- WATERHarrogate Spa. Still or sparkling.£1.25
- TEAAsk for today’s loose leaf selection.£2
- HOUSE CHAIWarming Indian hot drink. Made with boiled milk, ginger, massala & sugar.£2.20
- BOOZEY CHAIOur house chai with added alcohol. BAILEYS BOURBON Buffalo Trace COGNAC Martel VS£4 / £4.50 / £5
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BEERS
We went and made a cider with Hogan's, a proudly independent, award-winning cider & Perry maker based in Warwickshire. We've been stocking their ciders for a while now, so we though it was about time to make one together. Our Chai Spiced Cider, tastes exactly like you would expect with hints of clove & ginger. It will be on the taps over the summer months. Come down to launch on Friday 22nd June at 5pm for the chance of getting a FREE pint.
We are around to announce that we will be one of the UK venues launching Beavertown's Bloody 'Ell. Come & try this year's fresh batch. Tasting notes: A smack of citrus with hints of warm blood orange aromas brought on by refined malt bill and loads of juicy hops. All hail Bloody ‘Ell!
On Saturday 12th May two new specials will be hitting the board!
Sweetcorn Chevdo (v,gf)
Sweetcorn dry fried with ginger, chilli, peanuts & mustard seeds. Served with turmeric noodles & lime.
Dhai Ballé (gf)
Soft lentil dumplings soaked in a sweet ajwain yoghurt. Served with tamarind, & chilli mint chutneys.
12th - 19th May is National Doughnut Week. To celebrate we are doing a huge collaboration with Siop Shop. Call in for a cardamom doughnut sandwich with an Alphonso mango cream. Glazed & topped with candied fennel seeds. All proceeds are going to the Children's Trust. Available at Siop Shop & Bundobust Manchester.
T-SHIRTS · POSTERS · TEA TOWELS · BOTTLE OPENERS · BAGS
CLICK HERE TO BUY
Mon - Thu: 12:00 - 21:30
Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 22:00
Sun: 12:00 - 20:00
Mon - Thu: 23:00
Fri - Sat: 00:00
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
FOR ALL THINGS BUNDOBUST
We send out a monthly newsletter of all our latest offers, upcoming events and anything we want to shout about. Sign up to keep in the loop.
Just fill in the form and keep up to date with all the Bundo-chaat.
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
For bookings of 13 or more people email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are situated in a basement with 12 steps leading down to our restaurant from street level. Unfortunately we are not wheelchair accessible.